Part 9

I decided not to put Dyana in the sequels as Im sure nobody wants her in the second story. So don't wonder where she've been and why she isn't in the story. She's still there. Just that I don't mention her.

***
Jace let out a sigh as he dressed himself up into a stunning suit, pinning his royalty badge above his chest pocket. His hair was styled beautifully and he looked absolutely handsome. He studied himself and shockingly realised that his eyes resembled his father's up to 95% that it felt a little like his dad's eyes staring back at him in the mirror.

"You look gorgeous, Jace."
Luhan's deep but gentle voice sounded and Jace turned around to face him.

"Dad..."
Jace murmured quiet enough for only the both of them hear him.

Luhan smiled as he placed his hands on both his shoulders.
"Why the sad face? It's just a party. "

"I don't wanna turn 20. I don't want to get married."
Jace flickered his eyes guiltily to avoid his father.

Luhan only chuckled at the sound of his son.
"Im not forcing you to get married. Take your time. Find the one you love. Don't...be like me."
He whispered the final sentence that made Jace looked up to him again.

And suddenly Jace felt the need to get married. If he were married, he could take the throne. If he took the burden from his father who had obviously don't want the place, his father could probably find Sehun and live happily ever after. He himself doesn't mind handling the country anyway.

"I'll try my best then father."

Luhan tilted his head at the sudden change of tone in his son's voice and smiled again.
"Sure thing Jace. But remember what I said."

Jace nodded and linked his arms around his father's, guiding him out of his room and together to the ballroom where the party was held.

And Luhan was indeed pleased with his son. He couldn't oped for anyone better to be his son and heir to the throne.

***

The ballroom was the same as Luhan had used for his coming of age birthday. The same old crowd, the same noisy situation.

The difference was that he himself was the king and no longer the prince that could disappear without other people's knowing.
Luhan cringed his eyebrows as the dutch talking to him passed him another wine. He hated wines.
Moreover he hated the crowd.

"Ahh Prince Jace."
The dutch exclaimed as Jace walked over, winking at Luhan and coming forward to engaged himself with a conversation with the dutch.
Luhan sighed in relief as he trotted away. Jace was definitely better at communication or whatsoever.

Luckily Luhan was wearing a normal suit. No crowns no anything indicating that he was the king except for the royalty badge at his pocket which no one actually cared to look at.

He wriggled himself free out to the garden where no one would bore themselves enough to come out and miss the party.

A headache seemed to overcome Luhan as he cringed in pain. Crowds made him sick. So very sick.

When he came back to his senses, he realized that he was standing right where Sehun had met him for the first time. The bush.

Luhan sighed again as he reached out his hand to touch the bush. So much memories overwhelmed him and suddenly Luhan felt like crying again. But he didn't cause he figured he had been a timid crybaby all along.

Luhan was about to walk away when he heard a voice.

"Dean?"
The deep voice sent a rumble down Luhan's eardrums. He froze.

"Is that..you?"
The voice sounded again and Luhan turned around to see the man he loves standing before him, dressing so handsomely.

"Yeah... Se- Stephen."
Luhan whispered.

Sehun smiled, eyes twinkling as he seemed happy to see Luhan at such a place.
"You like this bush? Pretty wasn't it?"

"I love it. "
Luhan smiled as he said it.

Sehun chuckled.
"This raspberry bush seemed to bloom more than the others beside. Such interesting."

Luhan studied and he realized that Sehun was probably right. The raspberry bush does seem more blooming than the others.

Luhan walked towards it and so did Sehun involuntarily like something was drawing them towards it. Without knowing, Luhan was just in front of the bush and he widen his eyes in shock and turned his head to the right.

Sehun's face was inches away from his and Luhan suddenly forgot how to breath. Sehun's eyes were wide but neither of them moved away.
Just one more step.
And he's yours.

Without any notice, it was Sehun who leaned in first. And Luhan could see nothing but rainbows as he felt Sehun's lips against his own. It was amazing. More amazing then their first one.

Luhan decided he'll just toss every single worry to the side and just savour this very moment as he snaked his arms around Sehun's neck and tucked at his hair. Sehun groaned at the touch.

This kiss.. felt desperate. The feeling that the one was just in front of you and you could only touch them now. You waited until now.

It's worth it.

Luhan gasped as Sehun grabbed his waist and his tongue tangled with Luhan's. It was all like a dream. And Luhan literally forgot about the kingdom, about the party, about how to fuckin breath as he drowned, letting only Sehun holding him up.

But suddenly footsteps were sounded and they jumped apart.
Luhan panicked. He wasn't supposed to be seen by other people with... a citizen.

Sehun saw through his eyes and without a second thought, pulled Luhan into the raspberry bush. He clamped a hand on Luhan's mouth and waited. Luhan held onto his hand on his mouth as he squeezed his eyes shut.

The footsteps finally gone away, and Sehun released his hold on Luhan and sighed in relief.
Luhan was panting, searching for oxygen as he turned his head back to look at Sehun. He wasn't sure how to read his face. Though Sehun now remained a poker face.

Finally Sehun's eyes met Luhan's and they were inches apart. That's when Sehun's eyes appeared a new emotion that Luhan could tell it's not exactly good.

His eyes widen as he continued to stare at Luhan, eyebrows cringing minute to minute.

"Se-Steph-"
Luhan started but Sehun shook his head vigorously, stopping Luhan.

He suddenly leaned forward and placed a finger on Luhan's lips, shushing him as he stared at him, horror and panic in his eyes.

"You. You're not Dean are you? You lied."
Sehun hissed and Luhan felt nauseous all of a sudden.

His own eyes carried fear as he leaned back from Sehun's touch. He remained silence as he turned his head slightly away.
He couldn't lie anymore so he wouldn't deny.
Not going to.

Sehun breathed heavily as he looked at Luhan in disbelief. Finally realization hit him as he slowly spoke.

"You are ... Luhan. The king."
Sehun jumped away from Luhan as if he was shocked by lightning as he pushed himself out of the bush and ran away.

Tears slowly slipped down Luhan's face as he hammered his own heart with his hand painfully.
His other hand extended but not enough to pull Sehun back.

How could happiness be so near yet so far?