CHAPTER 2 Two days until the fundraiser

I'm in English when Mr. Dun tells us our fundraising project. "It's all about making people happy, meeting new people and of course raising money. So whoever you get as you partner is your partner no swapping and changing." I stare right at Eleyna. I have to be her partner; English is the only class I'm in with her. "Matt and Joel, Sarah and Alex and finally Emily and Liam" I felt my heart miss a beat "W-what?" I stutter. Sarah just stares at me and whispers "looks like you've got the new guy" she says looking at him. I follow her gaze and look at Liam. I'm pretty sure I blush but I just smile. Then I turn to see Barbie passing notes I see it for half a second and I know exactly what it says. It reads 'eh of course she got the new guy, another boy to suck up to'. I mustn't have looked happy as I read it because Liam brings me back to life by trying to talk to me.

"Sorry um hi I'm Emily" I say smiling.

"Liam" he says smirking.

"What's so funny?" I ask tilting my head.

"Nothing" I give him an 'I'm not impressed' face and look back to Britney she stares at me and I sweetly smile. Bitch she says but I just roll my eyes. "OI"

"Huh what?"

"Checking out the girls"

"Ew gross hell no she's just a girl causing many people many problems" I say staring at the floor.

"HELLO, EMILY" I snapped back to reality but I just can't stop thinking about that day we meet he wasn't like this, I guess a normal annoying guy but his annoying in his own smart way.

"Stop dreaming princess we have to work" he smirks.

"So what's our fundraiser?" I ask pretending to care.

"well I didn't know what you'd want to do so I just picked up this envelop" he says with a wink. I grab it and frantically open it praying not to be the kiss booth. "Movie night out? I've never heard of it "I hear him curse. "Why so annoyed?"

"At our old school we had a kissing booth"

"And?" I ask

"I wouldn't mind kissing you" He laughs. I hit him with the envelop before laughing. Did he just say that I turn and look at Britney she looks like she planned everything that just happened instead of giving me a death stare she simply smiles and I get text from an unknown number 'watch yourself honey he seems... a bit too good for you kiss his pretty ass goodbye' "What the legit- "Before I can finish my sentence he snatches my phone. "Oi" I yell.

"Calm down princess people are staring" I pretend to do my work when I hear him whisper. "who's number is this?" I shrug. "I don't know" I say my voice shaky.

"Hey princess, you know whatever happens I'm here...if you pay up" He laughs. "Excuse me? Because I totally need you to protect me because you're a knight" I say rolling my eyes.

"Are you sure princess because I have pretty much the whole school waiting for me"

"I can look after myself I'm not four" I snap. Silence falls between us.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have snapped at you- "

"Princess you have a special story and I'm not going to leave your life I'm not leaving that special story" I'm about to thank him but the bell rings ending our conversation. "See you later" I whisper.

A movie night? On the ovals, big screen, popcorn and a stall this will be great... I hope. I'm walking to my locker when I receive a message from Britney uh oh I open it and I almost have a heart attack! It's an invitation to her party, I want to delete it as soon as I open it but I can't. But it's on the night of the fundraiser.