CHAPTER 20 Liam's P.O.V

I still can't believe what Emily just told me. We weren't meant to be? Seriously? After all she was my rock she really did help me realise what was important in life besides Football. Before I left the hospital room she whispered "I love you Liam" and I turned trying to hold it in but a tear fell down my cheek. She can't just do this I don't want to be the old me again she needs to understand this. I can't I just can't be that guy that sleeps all over the place like Scott. But how do I get her back? she's convinced we're too different. All I see is the beautiful girl that helped my pain. I get home and go straight to my room, ignoring Connor. Of course he follows me he's like me. "Bro what's up?"
I don't even try to hide it I know him and we would never hide our feelings. That's our mum in us. As well as her ocean blue eyes. "Emily was in an accident" I start. "She said we weren't meant to be something about her being 'nerdy' and me popular and too good for her" Conner actually looks shocked. "No way!" he almost yells.

"Yep"

"But she doesn't know how you were at her side everyday holding her hand praying to god that another woman in our life wouldn't leave us. She doesn't know how many nights you didn't come home, how many training sessions you missed just for her and she pushes you away" No wonder why mum always said Connor was a mother's son (if that's even a thing). "Well"

"Well go talk to her Einstein"

"It's not that easy" I reply.

"Drive me" he says

"To the hospital?"
"Yes Captain Obvious to the hospital" I pull up to the hospital and he gets out of the car.
"Conner!!"

"Park the car I'll be fine"

Dear Lord please tell me he's not about to do something crazy.