Chap. 33

Scarlett's POV
"Where are we going? Where are going? Where are we going? " I asked for the thousandth time.

"Not gonna tell ya. Not gonna tell ya. Not gonna tell ya." Shawn answered for the thousandth time.

"Why not?" I asked, annoyed.

"Because then it wouldn't be a surprise." He replied, grinning.

"You know that I hate surprises and yet you do this to me." I grumbled.

"Trust me when I say that you'll love surprises when you see mine." He said that and stopped talking.

After what seemed like eternity, we finally reached the 'location.' And that's when Shawn covered my eyes from behind me.

"Okay, okay! I won't peek, I swear! " I said, trying to get out of his eye lock.
Get it? Head lock? Eye lock? No? Okay.

"Not gonna happen honey." He answered, laughing.

"Fineeeee...." I sighed.

We walked and walked and walked until my legs were actually hurting. JK. Not.
Okay, enough with my none understandable jokes.

"There!" Shawn said, revealing the surprise that he's been keeping from me.

"Oh.. My... Gosh..." I said, looking at the scene in front of me.

"You don't like it, do you?" Shawn said, hands at his hair.

"Are you serious Shawn? I love it, you doofus! " I said, pecking his cheek.

"Not the right spot missy." He said, turning his head and kissing me on the lips.

It was a slow and long kiss, the best one that I've had.

Wanna know what was the surprise that Shawn had? It was a picnic.

Yeah, I know that it's not much, but hey, I love it because he did his best and from his heart.

"Let's sit. " I said, sitting on the picnic mat.

The food was like from heaven. Hence, I asked Shawn,

"Shawn, did you get this food from heaven or something? "

"Or something. I got it from the kitchen with a little help from the others." He replied, smiling.

So everyone except me knew what was gonna happen today. Typical. I thought.

"Well then, lemme text them about the food." I said, taking my phone out and texting the group.

Me: Hey guys! Food was great! Thnx 4 helping Shawn! Love you guys!

Everyone else (I was too lazy): Haha Np! Have fun !

Taylor: And don't do things that I would do! ;)

Wow, of course Taylor would think that.

We continued to eat until the food finished because who would wanna waste delicious homemade food when you could eat them all?

After eating, Shawn took his phone out and played some music.

"Care to dance?" He said, pulling me up to my feet.

"Why of course! " I replied, locking my arms behind his neck.

Photograph by Ed Sheeran was playing.

We danced and twirled until it was dark and we could only see the stars in the sky.

We got back to the car and Shawn drove us home.

"Hey Shawn? Thanks." I said

"For what?" He asked.

"For everything. Being there for me, taking care of me, loving me." I replied, tears sorta welling up.

"Of course. Anything for my princess." He answered, kissing my cheek.

And that, my friends, was how my first official date with Shawn Mendes went.

************READ THIS*************

Hey guys! IM BACKKKK! So, I know that this was a long overdue chapter and I'm sorry for making you guys wait so long but I need to make an announcement.

From now on, I'll only be updating this book on Monday, Friday and Saturday if possible as I really need to focus on my studies. You guys will get an update on the start and end of the school week, and you'll get an update on the first day of the weekend. I'm sorry if you peeps don't agree with my decision, but that's how it is.

Book promos:
•Late Night Chats by Dolphin31
My Stranger F.F For M.E by dolan_twins_tuesday

Not Another Teen Book by 22Janvi
•Coach's Daughter by @nevep393

Trust me when I say that these books won't fail you!

Okay? Okay.
BYEEEE
~Nova♡