CHAPTER 7: Shadow Society

M.I SECTION 13: RUBIX CUBE

"I heard there's a new inmate? What case is it?" asked by Prof. Carter, one of the M.I researchers.

"He's James T. Randall, but he was more known as 'Moriarty'. He's the one behind Euclid's injuries a month ago," I answered as I enter the control room.

"The leader of Dark Chaos?" he asked, still following me.

"Right. He was the leader," I sat on one of the chairs and began to type on the keyboard.

"I heard you're the one who infiltrate their circle Nessaj," asked by Prof. Scott who is busy looking at the monitor.

"Yeah, I volunteered on the mission and that's what happened," I clicked the last key and the monitors popped out different views of Moriarty's cell. I activated the speaker so as to hear from him.

"James T. Randall, 28 years old, half-American, half-Filipino. There's no information as to where he actually came as well as the whereabouts of his family. Though the fact that he had a sister who is also a part of his circle has been discovered lately. He was the one behind the sudden breakdown of different software companies around the world, leader of Dark Chaos and the latest enemy of Shellingford's group," Prof. Carter said while scanning Moriarty's file. "So you finally want to talk to him now?"

"I just wanna see his awful condition," I coldly answered him. I watched the monitor. Moriarty is still sitting on a corner with his eyes looking around the empty room. His physique has already changed-he became so thin and look so old. I wonder if he's actually having any meals. After a while, Moriarty's eyes stopped and I saw him smirked. He probably noticed the camera being activated.

"You're there right, my friend Nessaj?" Moriarty walked closely while staring at me. I activated the microphone.

""Just as I thought Moriarty, you're very well suited on that cell!" I sarcastically told him. He just laughed frantically.

"Seriously Nessaj... I never thought you'll betray me!" he shouted. "I mean... aren't we the same? We are the same Nessaj and you know it right? You, I... and that guy," he said looking like crazy. I raised my left eyebrow on him. He began to laugh again like a mad man. After a while, he has composed himself and looked at the camera as if looking straight at me. "I've got a message to Shellingford!"

"What is it?" I asked.

"The game is still not over. We're just getting on the good part. I'm sure you know what I mean Nessaj," he smiled. I've got a bad feeling about this. "That guy is probably there now."

My heart has skipped a beat. I looked at him. He's now walking back on his chair. It looks like he's done talking. I turned off the microphone and got my phone on my coat. I've got to tell Euclid about this!

JTR's POV

"Ohh... look who's here?" there goes Naix and his sarcastic smile again. Nakapamulsa ito habang nakasandal sa pintuan kung saan ako papasok.

"I'm not here for you so back off!" pinamaywangan ko siya.

"So it's already end for Dark Chaos eh?" inambahan ko siya ng sipa na nasalag naman ng kaliwa nitong braso. Biglang nawala yung ngiti sa labi nito.

"As long as I'm here, Dark Chaos won't ceased its operation!" madiin kong sabi sa kanya.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" kumunot ang noo ko.

"Ang natitira na lang na member ng Dark Chaos ay ikaw at ako," turo niya sa sarili at sa akin. "Oh let me rephrase that... dahil wala na nga pala ang kapatid mong si Moriarty... this day, I officially resigned! Ikaw na lang ang natitirang member!" inilapit niya yung mukha niya sa'kin "...so good luck my dear," pagkasabi niya nun, umalis na siya sa pagkakasandal at nilampasan ako. Bubuksan ko na sana yung pinto nang marinig ko siyang magsalita.