3- Just Got Played

--4 Days Later--

--2:01 a.m.--

I was woken up by the sound of my phone buzzing underneath my pillow and my eyes squinted open slightly as I reached under and answered the call placing the phone to my ear then walked into the back room pressing the button to close the door. All I heard from the other end of the phone were noises that I really didn't wanna hear. My face reddened slightly as I slowly pulled it away from my ear and pressed end then saw Aaron at the top of the screen and sighed. I guess he really is a player. I shook my head and put my phone on the table then laid down on the couch and fell back asleep.

--9:12 a.m.--

"Maddy, Maddy come on." I heard Maxx's soft voice then jumped from my sleep and held my chest where my heart was pounding as I panted for breath.

"Wha-What happened?" I asked while rubbing my eyes to try and wake up more.

"I'm not sure, why're you in here?" That's when last night's memories flooded my head and I frowned.

"Aaron's cheating on me. We didn't even break up, it was just a fight." Maxx bit the inside of his cheek then brushed some hair away from my face and sighed.

"I'm sorry, Mads. You want us to take your mind off of it for a few hours? We don't have a show until later." I smiled and nodded before pulling him into a hug.

"Maxx!" We heard Zach's voice from the other end of the bus making us separate.

"I've gotta go see what he wants. On the other hand, you need to get ready so we can go out." I nodded as he left shutting the door behind him.

I got up and searched my bag before pulling out a tight gray worded t-shirt with 'Friday is my Second Favorite F-Word' on the front then put it on. I yanked on my high waisted black shorts then brushed out my hair and put it up in a messy bun then slipped on my black vans and walked out.

"Nice shirt." I heard Cody say while eyeing my shirt as I smiled.

"Thanks. It's true."

"She's not lying." Maxx commented with a laugh while pulling on his shirt.

"I'd expect that from a girl like you." Cody uttered as his eyes trailed down then back up as I raised an eyebrow.

"I don't fuck people 24/7 like you probably do if that's what you're wondering." I spat as he shook his head.

"I haven't had sex in nearly a year so bite me."

"You wish." I copied him just like what he said the say before we left. He flipped me off while walking away making me smile in victory.

"You guys have more of a playful relationship than a hateful relationship." Zach told us as I glared at him.

"And you should shut your mouth before I shut it for you." He raised his hands in surrender then went into the bathroom as I sighed plopping down on the couch.

--9:33 a.m.--

"Are you guys done yet?" I asked while starting to get impatient then everyone but Cody walked out making me raise an eyebrow.

"He's finishing a beer." Dan said like he was reading my mind and I nodded at him before walking over to the door and pressed the button just to see a shirtless Cody with, like Dan said, a can of beer in his hand. I felt my cheeks redden as my eyes trailed down but I stopped myself and looked back up at his face.

"Can you hurry up?" I asked in a slightly fake annoyed voice as he rolled his eyes tossing me the empty can then grabbed a shirt pulling it on and walked passed me while brushing my shoulder.

Well that's different than usually trying to tear my arm off of my body. I shrugged and threw away the can then followed after him and off the bus. We were all in Arizona right now where the boys would later be playing a concert in Phoenix. Zach and Austin were screwing around in front of all of us while Maxx and Dan were talking then that left the two people who hate each other; Cody and I. We were both silently walking next to each other with small grimaces spread across our faces and hands in our pockets. There's another thing we have in common; we always have a grimace while standing next to each other with our hands in our pockets.

"You two hungry?" Maxx asked us while turning around.

"Yeah." I answered then Cody shrugged.

"What she said." I smiled slightly thankful that he's actually being nice and not insulting me. We all headed up towards the front doors of McDonald's. I let Maxx order for me while I went and found a table for all of us. I felt a presence sit beside me making my eyes flicker over to the person and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You alright?" I asked Cody as he gave me a weird look.

"Why do you care?"

"I'm not sure that I do. You're just acting weird." He snorted as I raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe you're acting weird."

"I'm not. In fact I'm actually asking you out of being friendly but if you want me to be an ass things can be arranged." I stated while starting to get frustrated as he shook his head.

"No I prefer this side of you." I hid a smile and waited for him to continue. "There's nothing wrong, I'm just not in a good mood today."

"Well you better be in a good mood by the show later tonight." He shrugged sighing putting his head in his hands while placing his elbows on the table.

"I'll try." Our nice conversation was soon interrupted by the other boys bringing the food back.

"Aw look who was socializing!" Maxx exclaimed and set a tray in front of the two of us that was filled with tons of french fries making my eyes widen.

"A lot of salt isn't good for your heart." I muttered while sinking in the seat slightly making Maxx chuckle.

"Eat up. There isn't going to be food for hours." I sighed picking up a fry and popped it in my mouth, chewed, then swallowed and gave my brother a smart ass look. "I'll eat your food Madeline." He warned as I grabbed a box of chicken nuggets and put it on my lap so he couldn't steal any.