14- Might Love you

A/N: I'm really sorry..Here is a sadness warning. So this chapter and the next few might be blotched with sadness.. I'm really sorry. 

--4:12 p.m.--

"Maddy.." I held up a finger at Cody while helping someone out with merch. 

"Okay, what?" I asked turning towards him only to have our lips connect. My eyes widened and I pulled away trying to hide my red face.

"Can we talk about it now?" 

"W-Wait, you two.."

"Broke up. We broke up." I felt a giant weight lift from my shoulders as I stood up wrapping my arms around his neck and kissed him again. 

"I thought you two hated each other." A girl at the tent said with a smirk. 

"Not anymore." Cody muttered against my lips making me laugh.

You know, this is the happiest I've ever been in my life. Tour has torn me limb from limb and the feelings I have for Cody just make it seem like nothing bad ever happened. 

"Danziger?" I heard Austin's voice that just entered the tent making my stomach drop. Oh shit. Cody and I separated quickly. "Oh my god. You two are actually a thing now!" He exclaimed as I let out a sigh of relief. Maxx might not like the idea considering all the shit Cody has put me through.

"Yeah, we are. Please don't tell Maxx." I begged.

"I won't. If it makes you happy, I'm not gonna ruin it."

"Thanks, Austin." Cody said with a smile then turned to me. "I can't wait until we get home after tour." 

"Same! I can just imagine what would happen." My mind began going into dreamland as I thought about Cody and I. Oh all of the dates. Damn, the times we'd have alone would just be great. 

--8:43 p.m.--

"No, I'm living with Dad!" Maxx shouted at me as I flinched back into the wall of the bus. 

"Maxx, you're not going to live with that alcoholic. There are reasons Mom left him." I defended while standing up straighter. 

"What Mom?" He asked then began walking into the back room. I feel really bad for Maxx. Mom was never really close with him and she always went against any of his decisions; never supporting him.

"Maxx, I'm sorry that you and her aren't close. I just don't want you to end up like Dad. He's been through rehab twice and never stayed clean for even a week."

"So? He's the only one that told me to stay away from the bitch that wished I was never born." My lips parted slightly as no words left my mouth. 

"I'm your sister, Maxx. You know that right?" He nodded slowly like I was dumb. 

"Yeah.."

"I'm going to practically be trapped in that cage anyone would call a home with that asshole of a stepdad. Mom could care less about how he treats me when she's not looking. Please...Don't leave me." 

"Maddy, I don't know." 

"Fine, you know what? Go live with Dad and get into drugs and alcohol, I don't give a shit. I just want to protect you from the worst." He waved off my comment and slammed the door behind him as I slid down the wall with my face in my hands. 

I felt arms wrap around my small form gently then pull me close to them. Assuming it was Cody, I put my cheek against his chest listening to his heart beat get faster with each movement I made to try and cuddle into him.