4- I'm Doubting You

--2:29 p.m.--

"Come on you wuss! The water isn't even that cold!" Cody yelled at me after several attempts of my brother soft talking me trying to get me to jump in. 

"I don't have a bathing suit." I replied and stepped back but then arms wrapped around my waist and my feet left the sand as I squealed. I heard Cody's laugh then Maxx cheered him on to toss me in which, might I add, he did. Once I surfaced from the salty water, I wiped my eyes as my bun came undone and the hair tie got lost somewhere underwater. "I'm going to kill you!" I squealed then tried to chase after Cody and eventually caught up to him and jumped on his back while laughing. 

We both then toppled to the ground and got covered in sand. I ended up in between his legs with my hands on either side of his head holding myself up. Our laughing then died down as our eyes met and my face reddened. We heard someone call our names making the moment end and I got up then held out my hand for him to take and helped him up.

 "Thanks." I muttered making Cody look at me.

 "For what?" 

"Taking my mind off of...ya know." He made an 'o' shape with his mouth getting what I was talking about then nudged me. 

"No problem. Maxx kinda talked me into it." I furrowed my eyebrows and gave him a confused look. 

"Talk you into it how?"

 "Well I wasn't in a good mood and you weren't either so put those together with having fun it'll make both of us happy." I nodded and fiddled with my soaking wet shirt. 

"Right. Well after today we'll probably go back to hating each other like always right?"

 "It makes things interesting, yeah." I chuckled as we neared the other boys who were talking. 

--6:13 p.m.--

I smiled at all of the boys who have been performing on stage since a little after four. They all seem happy with their life now whether or not they had to drop everything else to do it.

 "Alright, this is the last song for you guys so you better get your fucking hands up!" Cody yelled into the mic making my eyes widen as I completely lost track of time.

 I've gotta head down to the merch and take over. I ran off the side of the stage and towards the tent with a bunch of shirts, bags, bracelets, necklaces, CD's, and bags in it. I sighed while sitting behind the table in the tent on a lawn chair then leaned back crossing my arms while listening to Cody's voice sing the lyrics of Ancient History. I smiled as the song came to an end then they said their last goodbyes as the crowd yelled different things at the boys. After a few minutes, the tent was bombarded by fans who desperately wanted merchandise to show how much they like the band. I then heard a familiar voice from behind me making my head turn in the direction of it as I reached down in a box for a shirt. 

"Cody?" I asked as he smiled sitting in the lawn chair next to me and sighed. I shrugged and handed the shirt to Cody for him to sign then handed it to the girl who grinned while handing me the correct amount of cash. After a little bit of small talk without arguing, Cody got up and began meeting fans plus taking pictures with them. 

"Hey aren't you Maxx's sister?" I heard a girl's voice from outside of the tent ask as I nodded. "Oh my god, can I have a picture with you?" She asked excitedly as I shrugged. 

"Uh, sure. Why not?" I got up from my seat and exited the tent then went out and stood beside her as she got someone to take it. I wrapped my arm around her waist as she did the same to me then both of us smiled widely. We took a few funny pictures right before she left and I went back to my job selling the merch. A little while later, Cody came back in the tent and yawned. 

"Did you even get any sleep at all last night?" I asked him while putting cash in a little box then focused my attention on him at the same time he looked down at me. 

"No."

 "Anything on your mind?" I asked while pulling out a necklace for a girl then traded her for the money in her hand. 

"What are you a therapist?" He asked while rolling his eyes and I huffed out air. 

"Do you want to get something off your mind or not?!" I defended making a few people by the tent laugh at our little argument.

 "Well...I kinda l-"

 "You like someone don't you?!" I interrupted as he put his face in his hands.

 "How much more annoying could you get?" I chuckled shaking my head at him.

 "As much as it takes to get you to actually spill." I stated with a smile on my face.

 "Fine. I'll say it without any more interruptions alright?" I nodded glad that he's actually going to tell me. "I do like someone, but I know they'll never like me back." I raised an eyebrow at him in confusion.

 "Was it someone you saw at one of the shows a few days ago?" I asked curiously as he shrugged. 

"You could say that. It's a show called reality, Maddy." I gave him a blank look as he sighed. "A girl that I know and like a lot will never like me." 

"But who wouldn't like you?" I asked, but soon regretted it since it sounded more like I was flirting with him.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked with a cocky smirk as I rolled my eyes. 

"Cody, are you kidding me? You've got a pretty good personality and your voice is to die for. Don't take the compliments any farther than what I'm giving you."

 "What about me looks wise?" I gave him a long hard look as he leaned back in his chair. 

"You're attractive. Better?" 

"Much better." I chuckled rolling my eyes then got up at the same time he did. "You know, you should really give me relationship advice sometime."

 "I should. You suck at keeping one going." I ended up getting shoved as I laughed. 

--9:03 p.m.--

"Leave me alone, Cody!" I yelled while locking the door to the back of the bus and slid down it with my face in my hands.

 "Look, Maddy. I'm sorry! I didn't mean it." He said for the thousandth time in the past five minutes. 

"Yes you did! I heard it myself!" I responded as a few tears fell off my cheek and landed on the back of my hand.

 "And when I thought you were actually going to be nice to me, you just had to go all out and fuck it up didn't you? You do that with everything!" I exclaimed as a sob left my parted lips. 

"I know and I'm really sorry."

 "Go away!" I yelled while furrowing my eyebrows and wiped off my red cheeks as more tears began to stream down. 

"Not until you forgive me."

 "I hate you!" I cried and dug my face deeper into my hands.

 "Maddy.." He trailed off and I felt him lean against the door. "I'm going to sit here all day and night until you forgive me."

"Whatever."