20- I'm Not Letting You Have The Only Say In This

--3:53 a.m.--

I felt a sharp pain immediately hit me in the stomach as I jerked from my sleep. Cody moved a little from beside me making my eyes flicker over to him. Before I even thought about falling asleep again, I shot up and ran out of the bedroom into the bathroom locking the door behind me then flipped up the toilet lid and just let everything out. Basically let's say goodbye to a week's worth of food. I felt my eyes begin to water as I held onto the bowl of the toilet tighter making my knuckles almost turn completely white. A light knock on the door made my heart skip a beat. Once I stopped throwing up finally, I flushed the toilet and scooted over to the door then opened it which revealed a very concerned Cody. I frowned while holding my knees to my chest and leaned up against the bathtub.

"You okay, Mads?" I shook my head and tiredly looked down at the tiled floor.

"I don't feel good.."

"You seemed fine earlier."

"Well not now. Can you get me some water please?" I asked politely as Cody helped me to my feet. Once he was out of the room, I stared at myself in the mirror then felt the pang in my stomach again making me clench my fists at the pain. Turning to the side, I lifted up my shirt and placed my hand along the bottom of my stomach and furrowed my eyebrows. Man, this cannot be happening right now.

"Uh, Maddy?" Jumping, I looked over at Cody who seemed pretty shocked at my actions.

"I-I, uh-"

"Why were you- Wait you're not..."

"Don't say it."

"I um...I have some things under the sink.." He trailed off before biting his lip. I raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

"Why do you-"

"It's a long story, just take a test and see okay? I'll be out here waiting. Oh I got your water." I took the glass from him and smiled softly.

"Thanks." I stated before closing the door then pulled out a small box from a cabinet under the sink. While taking out a test, I let out a shaky breath then did what I had to do; tale the damn test.

--4:05 a.m.--

I intensely stared at the stick laying on the counter as I sighed. Yup, it's happening. Well, I guess now I can't blame my slightly fatter stomach for overeating.

"Cody." I called out right before the door opened. I took the test between my index finger and thumb then handed it to him. He grabbed it from me and after a few seconds, his eyes went wide.

"Wait, are you serious?" I nodded slowly. He seems too happy. Being pregnant is a painful thing. I don't want to do it anymore.

"I wish I wasn't."

"Maddy I thought-"

"Well, Cody. You thought wrong. I don't want a kid. It hurts, I have too many problems, and I'm afraid that at some point all I'm gonna do is disappoint them and maybe even you because I'd suck at being a mom."

"Maddy-"

"No, stop. I don't wanna listen!" I exclaimed while cupping my hands over my ears. 

My eyes slowly looked up at his tall intimidating figure as he yelled different things while trying to get me to take my hands away, but I wouldn't budge. All I did was shake my head while sobbing and backed up into the bathroom wall. I could tell by how his shoulders slumped, that Cody calmed down a bit and saw my vulnerable state. I released the slight grip on my hair and only hoovered my hands over my ears as he began speaking in a softer voice.

"Madeline.."

I stayed quiet just staring down at my bare feet.

"I want you to know that whatever you want to do, I'm supporting it. I want to help you through this. Please.." 

"You-You'd support my decision?"

"Whatever it is, I'll support it." I slowly put my hands down at my sides and sighed.

"I don't want this baby. At all." Just by those words, he tensed up. 

Way to go, idiot. You pissed him off again. Just keep the kid.

"Maddy-"

"Cody I don't want it!"

"Well I do!"

"You're not carrying it are you?!"

"No, but that doesn't mean I don't have a say in whether we keep it or not!"

"It sure as hell should m-" 

He cut me off by grabbing my hips and pressed out lips together. I let out a calmer breath while kissing back then wrapped my arms around his neck as one of his hands set up by my head. After a few more seconds, we both pulled away for breath.

"Maddy, I would do anything to make you happy, but there's no way I'm letting you do that to this- Our child." I felt a few tears slip from my eyes, but Cody stopped them from going any farther down my cheeks with his thumbs.

"Then I won't do anything to it.."