Nervous - Ashton Irwin

Everything seems to slow down when she enters the room. For a minute the music fades out and all I can hear is the drumming beat of my heart pounding in my ears. A grin forms on her lips and I'm pretty sure time actually stops.

Whenever she's in the room, all I can see is her.

[Y/N] glances around the almost empty bar and, upon noticing me, makes her way over to where I'm standing. Already I can feel my knees weaken and my mouth turn dry.  Anticipation roars through my veins, and my hands start to shake. I clamp them together nervously as she stops in front of me.

"Hey, Ash." She greets me. I don't really think about my name much. I don't suppose anyone does really, but the way she says it makes me want her to say it over and over again. When she says it it's like I'm hearing it for the first time.

"Hey," I croak out, mentally kicking myself immediately. I shouldn't be nervous - we're here waiting for friends. We're going on our monthly night out.

"Is anyone here yet?" She asks me, her glossy lips distracting my attention.

"Uh- no," I manage, using all of my self control to drag my eyes from her lips. I really want to know how they feel against mine. Just the thought of kissing her sends a shiver down my spine and causes goosebumps to form over my skin.

"Just us then. Have you got a drink?" She smiles, her sparkling eyes staring into mine questioningly. I gaze back at her, finding it increasingly tempting to just lose myself in her eyes. They are gorgeous.

"N-no," I stammer, and she shakes her head disapprovingly. A loose strand of hair falls over her face, and before I can stop myself I'm gently brushing it back into place. [Y/N] blushes, and for some reason I feel almost proud that my actions could ignite that response from her. A small, shy smile toys on her lips, and it's all I can do not to blurt out how beautiful she is.

Honestly, if I started talking about how beautiful she is, I would never stop. I could go on and on and on.

But really, she is the definition of beautiful. Whenever I even hear the word I think of her. She's permanently imprinted on my mind.

***

Half an hour passes and none of our friends turn up. I'm starting to worry that they've forgotten. Truthfully, spending alone time with [Y/N] is my dream, but I'm worried that if we're alone together she'll get bored of me and realise how unworthy of her company I am. She may never love me back, but I don't want to ruin the facade I have created.

Four phone calls and a few texts later and we find out that they've all coincidentally fallen ill. I bet they're just using that as a cover up for forgetting.

"So what should we do?" [Y/N] chimes, her voice as happy as always.

"I- uh- you still want to spend time with me?" I mumble, not really sure if I want to know the answer.

She frowns. "Of course I do. You're one of my favourite people in the world, Ashton."

Her words shock me a little. At the same time, a strange warm feeling roars through my veins, making sparks fly under my skin.

I'm one of her favourite people.

I hope she knows that she isn't only one of my favourite people, she is my favourite person.

I'm not confident that my voice won't come out hoarse and breathless, so I grin at her and nod for her to continue speaking.

"Okay, now that that's settled... I'm not really feeling a night out, so let's do something else. What do you wanna do?"

* * *

Sorry that this update took a while, but on the bright side all of my exams are now over so I can dedicate myself to updating regularly again!! YAY.
Okay so the majority of y'all voted Ashton, so here's the first part in the Nervous!Ashton series.
I hope everyone enjoys, please please please tell me what you think!
All the love as always💓