Marry Me? (Ashton Irwin and Calum Hood)

Ashton: smiling happily, you turn on your side to lean on Ashton, who casts his hazel eyes away from the sky and directs them at you. "This has been a really cute date, Ash," you say, unable to wipe the smile from your lips. The date wasn't anything fancy - Ashton had packed a picnic then showed up in the doorway of your room telling you that it was time for an adventure. You'd spent the afternoon in exploring and had ended up cloud watching in a little hidden meadow you had discovered. It just proved that money wasn't necessary to having fun.
"You're really cute," he mumbles, laying his head back on the grass. You blush and kiss his cheek gently before laying back down.
"I love you, Ashton. I mean, I really love you. Like more than anyone on this planet. You're my everything," you tell him, your voice quiet. You had to express the way you were feeling right now. He needed to know.
Ashton moves to sit up, so you direct your attention towards him. He looks confused, happy and nervous all at the same time.
"What?" You question, sitting up so your faces are close. After a minute the confused expression is replaced by determination and love. You smile, waiting for him to speak.
"Marry me, [Y/N]?" He says, taking you completely by surprise. He giggles at your clear shock and you try your hardest to calm down.
"Are... are you being serious?" You whisper, barely able to form words.
"Of course I am," he nods, "there's nothing that I want more than to be with you forever."
Tears spring to your eyes and quickly drip onto your cheeks.
"Yes," you whisper, nodding quickly, "yes, I'll marry you, Ashton."

Calum: it has been a lovely day. You and your boyfriend Calum are at a friends wedding, and the entire day has gone perfectly. The ceremony was beautiful and the reception has been excellent. You and Cal have barely sat down all day - you've been up dancing and socialising with your friends.
A slow, romantic song begins to play and immediately everyone adjusts their dancing and grabs a slow dance partner. Being in Calum's arms feels perfect. He leads you slowly around the dancefloor and you rest your head on his shoulder, feeling closer to him than you've ever felt.
"Today really has been beautiful, hasn't it?" Calum whispers into your ear.
"It has," you mumble, "it's lovely."
Calum sighs contentedly, and you feel his heart rate picking up. You assume it's because of the dancing and don't give it a second thought.
Taking you by surprise, Calum makes a swift movement and twirls you under his arm, before effortlessly dipping you, holding you there and grinning at you cheekily. A shocked smile immediately lights up your face, and just as you open your mouth to speak Calum says something.
"Marry me?" He blurts. His cheeks fill with colour instantaneously. You feel your eyes widen and Calum lifts you so you're standing upright again. You're happy to have him holding you - if he wasn't you're sure your knees would have given way by now.
"Wh...what? Did you mean that?" You whisper, your voice nervous and excited all at once.
Calum's eyes are full of love (and just a little bit of worry). "Of course I did. I mean, I was going to ask you in a different way but it kind of slipped out." He says, laughing gently.
A tear slips down your cheek as you nod your head. "Calum..." you whisper, "I love you so much. So, there's no other real answer here other than yes. Yes of course I'll marry you."

* * *

hello my lovelies!
i did send this update on Saturday night but for some reason it didn't send, so here you go, I'm sorry it's late!!
enjoy!
💓25 likes = immediate update!💓