Shy - Calum Hood

[Y/N]'s laugh is the best sound I've ever heard. It annoys me that I'm not the one making her giggle like that, but it's not like I could. I'm not funny and I can barely say two words to her without my mind blanking.
She notices me from across the cafe and waves to me, flashing me that beautiful smile of hers as she beckons for me to join her. Oh god, she wants me to go over there. I've always had one of the guys with me when I've spoken to her - they always have my back when my shyness takes over. But this time I'm alone. What makes it even worse is that the couple she's with are getting up to leave.
But I can't exactly say no. I'd give anything to spend time with her - even if I'm freaking out and don't say a word the whole time.
With shaking hands I make my way over to her. I'm starting to wish that the coffee in my cup was whisky.
"Hey Cal!" She greets me. How can everything about her be so flawless? Even her voice is pretty. I could probably sit for hours just listening to her talk.
"Hi, [Y/N]," I mumble, sitting down across from her. My heart is pounding. Maybe she can hear it. Oh god, I hope she can't hear it. It would make her realise how much of a loser I am. Just an unworthy boy in love with a girl who is way out of his limit. I feel so mediocre in her presence - looking into her eyes I can see whole universes - but then there's me. Plain, shy old me. They guy who can hardly even find the guts to ask the pretty girl how her day has been.
"How've you been? I haven't seen you since last week! It feels like it's been ages!"
It feels like it's been decades.
"Okay, I g-guess. How are you?"
I'm proud of myself for managing that. Go me.
"Just okay? Is everything alright?"
Why is she so sweet? It literally makes it impossible for me not to love her.
I want to tell her that the reason things have only been okay is because I hate every single day that I don't see her, but I can't. The words won't come and my mouth is dry.
I shrug, "I dunno. I've just been feeling off." I tell her. It's a bit true. I don't feel myself when I'm not with her.
Her pretty face crumples into a confused frown, then she puts her hand on top of mine, making my heart jump straight out of my chest. "If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know, okay?"
You could be my girlfriend. That would definitely help.
I nod and smile gratefully at her. God, she's perfect.
"So h-how are you?" I repeat.
She shrugs. "Not bad, but I've been better. I need to, uh, ask you something actually."
Oh no. This sounds serious. My nerves can't handle serious.
"Okay," I breathe, and wait for her to speak.
"So..." she begins, looking at her hands, "I was talking to Ashton the other day." Her eyes meet mine again. What the hell has he said? "Aaand he kind of told me something. Something about you."
Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck.
"He said that you like me, but you're too shy to ask me out. I, uh, I guess I just wanna know if that's true or not?"
My mind is whirling. I fumble for words, but I can't seem to find the ones I'm looking for. Should I deny it? Or come clean about my feelings? This feels like some kind of trap.
[Y/N] must see the panic on my face because she takes my hands again.
"Cal, don't be nervous. If it is true then..." she grins, "then that would be really great."
Am I dreaming? This can't possibly be real. This is way to good to be true.
"Really?" I manage, my voice hoarse.
She grins at me again and the next thing I know she's leaning over the table and planting a quick kiss on my lips. It's over far too quickly and I wasn't at all ready for it to end yet. It all happens in a couple of seconds, and then I'm sat with wide eyes staring at her incredulously again. She giggles, her cheeks filling with colour.
"Will- will you go on a date with me, [Y/N]?" I ask her, the words spilling out that quickly they almost merge into one.
Her smile widens. "You really shouldn't be shy around me Cal, you have no idea how much I like you. So yes. Yes of course I will."

* * *

hi guys! sorry it's a lil late, i didn't expect the votes to come in that quickly - it just proves how AMAZING you people are!
lots and lots of you requested shy! cal - so here you go, i hope i didn't disappoint. next up is shy! michael as this has also been requested a couple of times :)

the entire shy series was requested by :
punkrockkitten_ 💜
(great idea by the way love!)

💓25 likes = immediate update!💓