Nervous - Ashton Irwin - P3

There's not many people in the restaurant - probably due to how late it is - but the atmosphere is great. The few people that are here are clearly couples - you can tell by the way they're looking at each other.

The waiter sits us down in a booth, and to my surprise she sits down next to me instead of across from me. It makes my heart leap forward in my chest.

I bury my head in my menu and take a deep breath. I can do this. [Y/N] is amazingly easy to talk to - even if talking to her makes me feel shaky all over.

---

We order our food and I'm surprised by the lack of awkwardness in the silence that follows the waiter leaving.

"So," she begins, "how's the band doing?"

I love that she cares. I love her.

"So good! Cal's been writing some r-really good songs recently. I-I mean, all of his lyrics are great, b-but he's on fire at the minute. And Mike's guitar skills are getting better and better by the day. Not to mention Luke - his voice is really s-strong now. We actually sound okay." I ramble, trying not to stutter too much. It happens when I'm nervous and excited at the same time. She doesn't even seem to notice - she looks totally involved in what I'm saying.

"That's great, Ash. And, I mean, you're pretty amazing too..." She says with a shy smile. I can't help but blush.

"It's been a while since you've heard me drum. I've gotten better since then."

"I didn't know it was possible for you to get better. You're really talented."

I'm not sure what to say. I want to tell her how much I love her and explain to her that her words mean so much more simply because they're coming from her.

Her smile is super cute as she waits for me to say something back. I take a leap of faith.

"Thanks, [Y/N]. It means a lot coming from you."

She looks a little confused. "Why?"

"Because your opinion means everything to me."

Now she's blushing.

---

We finish our food and I pay the bill - despite her efforts to put some money towards it.

I'm not sure what happens now. We leave the restaurant and start to walk in the direction of her flat. My place is in the opposite direction, but there's no way I'm not walking her home.

---

[Y/N] stops at the steps leading up to her place. She looks a little flustered. It's cute, and I can't help wanting to kiss her. The thought makes me feel hot and I try to think of something else.

"Uh do you... Uh," she interrupts herself with a nervous giggle and averts her eyes to the floor, "do you wanna come upstairs? My roommate is on the night shift tonight."

Goosebumps instantly erupt over my entire body and I can hear my heartbeat in my ears. She's inviting me upstairs. I thought that only happened in movies, and I never thought it could happen to me.

The words are caught in my throat, but I know exactly what I want to say. I gulp back the knot of anxiety in my throat and grin at her, hoping to calm the nerves in her eyes.

"I would love to."