The Show

" Mom come on you're to slow go faster!" my mom was currently making food for us and im starving so she better hurry the performance is in two hours so I still need Amy to come over to help me get dressed. "Sweetie don't worry you got plenty of time before the show starts. " I sighed in defeat as i walked up the stairs to my room. I heard my phone vibrate so I picked it up from my dresser and read the message. It's from Amy hey girl im coming over right now get ready :p I typed back a quick reply and put on sweats so I won't have to change out of much to get ready.

"The foods ready nessa!" my mom screamed from downstairs from the top of her lungs and im pretty sure even the neighbors from the across the street heard her. I ran down the stairs and quickly sat down on a chair to begin eating. My sister had left to get ready for the show since she wanted to dress up even if she's not performing. "So, when is Amy coming," as soon as my mom asked the door swung open and there was the one and only Amy. " Hey, vanessa!" I ran out of my seat to hug her and tell her how nervous I was. "don't worry I'll be there with you!" I wish I thought of that earlier. I quickly ate up my meal and went to my room with Amy trailing behind.

"ok we need something kinda of like this." Amy pulled out a few pieces of clothing and I just shrugged I mean I really don't think people will just focus on our clothes I mean thay have to look our dance moves as well. " Ok whatever you say but we need to hurry up and choose the outfits for our song as well."We were singing DNA and we were actually very good well thats what brian tells me and I hope he's right. After 10 minutes of arguing we finally decided what to wear and I was very happy with our decision. It was already time to go, but my sister wasnt here yet so we just decided to leave without her.My mom, Amy and I got in the car and drove to the school auditorium which was pretty big. There were people outside greeting others and people getting inside the auditorium.

My mom parked and left to get herself a seat and save one for my sis. "Hey, look it's brian, vanessa!" I turned to face my friend and began looking around frantically,." Where? i don't see him anywhere." All of a sudden I got swooped up by two very strong arms which were of course brians. " Brian! you scared me to death don't do that!" I said as he gently placed me down. He just smiled at me so I couldn't help it but to hug him. "hey, nessa I missed you too." I wrapped my arms around his neck as his went around my waist. I looked up at him to see him smiling at me and I was about to peck him on the cheek until I heard a thoart being cleared. I turned my head to see Amy waiting impatiently, I quickly got embarrassed so I unwraped my arms from him. " I have to go brian, got to get ready." " ok I'll see you inside, you'll do great I know it." Before Brian left to go inside he quickly pecked my lips and left me there blushing my face off I mean he always gets me like that whether its a smile or a kiss I get butterflies in my stomach.

Soon we were setting up our stuff to perform I just hope everything goes well. We were also performing for the neighborhood so there will be a full house. Other performers were here too who wanted to get noticed by others and get a boost in their career. I waited in my dressing room for us to be called on stage to do our performance. Amy was putting on her outfit which looked great on her. Amy came out adjusting her shorts. "do you think they'll like our dance and song." I was now feeling very nervous like something bad was going to happen.

I mean I love singing and performing it's what I always wanted to do even as a little kid. But now I feel a little less confident. " Hey, no matter what happens I'll always be there for you and I hope the same goes for me." Amy told me and I cracked a smile she always knows how to make me feel better. "Of course if we make it out alive" I joked.

I could here music playing on stage as I sat and waiting for our turn. We decided to practice a little to help pass time. After 10 minutes they called our names out and told us to wait behind the curtain. I could hear the audience talking, whispering and telling each other which performance they had enjoyed so far. We got in our places behind the curtain which will be lifted as soon as the dance begun. I could feel my heart beating faster and faster.

I took a deep breath and heard our song playing for the dance. The curtain slowly rose up and I could see the audience staring at us. I looked for any familiar faces, but saw none. Amy and I started our dance perfectly I imagined we were the only ones here and as I danced I scanned the crowd for my mom or sister at least. Then I spotted her in the right side in the fourth seat toward the middle with my sister next to her they both had huge smiles on their faces. We struck the last move of the dance the whole auditorium erupted in cheers and applause. I saw my boyfriend in the front row cheering as loud as he could and sent a wink at me. This was literally a perfect moment and I knew after our song it will only get better. I was right everyone loved us and even a little girl asked for our autographs after our performance. Amy quickly left to go hug her parents and I scanned the crowd for my mom. I found her talking to some man I never seen before.

I excused myself from the parents of the little girl who started asking me questions. I saw my mom and she looked really happy with that stranger I mean I know dad isn't around anymore,but she forgot about him so quickly. I decided to leave her alone and go find brian and my sister who I know will be very proud. As I walked away from my mom who's back was facing me didnt see me, but I think the man did. He looked at me in a very sick kind of way not a very friendly way. I shot him a disgusted look as I turned away so I wouldn't see him anymore.

I found my sister and brian and they hugged me and brian kissed me. I of course blushed and continued celebrating with them. Except for my mom who was to busy to notice me and be proud like a parent should be.

A/N ok guys this part 2 of chapter 1 the next chapter will be up soon since the weekend is almost here so more time to write. what do you guys think that mysterious man is up to. what do you guys think of the story so far. don't be afraid to tell me * thanks for reading :-)