Remember

Thinking back to what everything used to be before anything happened made me smile. There was no drama just huge surprises.  Where I didn't know the  truth that would have greatly affected me.  Or that all the good memories were all slowly fading away or even worse fake. That no one cared for me or was happy to see me grow up.

I would have never have known what it was like to have a father since he left when I was one. He probably ran away when he couldn't face the fact that my mom hated us.

I never got to fully know him or hear his voice. I will never recognize him if I saw him in the street or at the store. I would never in my life dream of this happening. Where did everything start going wrong? Was there a way to fix this problem and make my mom realize that she shouldn't be doing this?

I never heard why my dad left but I remember vaguely that there was alot of yelling that evening and I started cying. My mom took me up to my room and began to cry with me. 

My mom didn't seem like a monster back then maybe the reason why my dad was the key to all of this sudden hatred.

"Excuse me, but I would like to start over," I looked up and stared straight Into her eyes. Hoping to find a little bit sadness or pity. I found none.

"Great," She snapped her fingers and two men came into the room. They wore dark blue jeans and some weird hat I guess it was uniform. One of the men the slightly taller younger looking one was a blond and had a blue polo on with black converse. The other older looking one had a dress shirt that was neatly tucked into his jeans. He looked about into his early 30's.

The blond one walked infront of me and gestured me to open my mouth. He placed something inside,  it felt like a small chip, but I wasn't sure what it was.When they finished they pulled me up to my feet. It has never felt so good to stand up in my life.  The older man took ahold of my arms and the blond one guided us. My disappeared somewhere I guess to have fun or something. 

"We will be taking you to a city that is about 6 hours away." I shook my head I thought I got to choose where I wanted to go, but I don't have money so I couldn't really go anywhere. 

We walked out of the building and to my surprise it was an old flower shop.  I guess I was in the back room.

"Um, where's my purse?" I asked and the older man grumbled.

"You have to buy a new one and a phone too." I opened my mouth in disbelief. 

"What! you have got to be kidding me!"I stomped my foot and crossed my arms. Which were soon pulled back behind me and into the old man's tight grip.

We walked toward a bright red old beat up toyota truck. The paint was chipping and the windows weren't tinted. This was my ride? The younger guy walked into the side of the truck and started to pull out his keys.

I got into the passenger seat and shut the door. The seats were torn and had the yellow foam coming out. The headboard was full of papers and on the rearview mirror hung a pine tree air freshener.  It was a mess and there were McDonalds wrappers littering the floor.

I wipped my head toward the window when I heard a tapping. The older man was staring at me. They should have worn name tags. The man motioned me to step out. I grumbled what now. 

I opened the door and walked out if the car. He led me to the back seat. Really he could have just asked. The two men occupied the front seats and I was alone in the back. As soon as they started the engine I dozed off.