Denial

This doesn't seem real nothing of this does. For all I know this could all be a dream. No never mind it's not I didn't wake up. Maybe I'm being delusional and imaging all of this.

No it's real and it happening. I'm being taken to see my secret spy dad. How much more cheesy does that sound? And to top it all off my mother is a lunatic that claims that she hired men to kill my sister and she's trying to make me feel that no one in this world loves me. I can't any more of this.

I just want a normal life one with doing chores and homework is my only responsibility besides trying to make savings. Mason was a hot guy got to admit, but I didn't really trust him. He took me out of the house and into his car to take me to my father to "prove" that its really him.

I don't even think he was telling the truth, my father left us yea sure and I don't know what happened to him so it could be him, but a head chief of spies I'm pretty sure that's not true.

"What are you thinking about?" Mason interrupted my thoughts and made me turn my head to look at him.

He was currently driving and had both eyes on the rode. "What a bad liar you are." I said and it caused Mason to chuckle.

He rubbed a hand behind his neck and kept his other at the wheel. He looked nervous.

"I'm not lying it's just I explained your father to you in a more happy explanation." I raised an eyebrow. What does he take me for a child?

"So he isn't a good guy then? More like a guy that works against humanity and plans to destroy us?"

"Listen he requested for me to only explain to you what would make sense right now and frankly the rest of it will make more sense when you meet him."

"That's not fair, how long is the drive anyway?" I looked out the window and saw fields of grass and no houses. The sun was setting so it was pretty cool.

"About an hour more till we get there."

That's way too long with nothing to do in here. Just talk. Maybe I could ask him about his job or something.

"So mason what do you do?" I said as I put up my legs and placed them on the dash board. I was wearing my leggings so I was comfortable. He glanced at me before looking away.

"Just stuff you know nothing abnormal." Mason looked over at me and I made a 'are you serious face'.

"Oh come on you said you were a 'spy' and that's pretty strange if you ask me," I laughed at him. He shook his head slowly while licking his lips.

"Alright fine it's not normal but a spy isn't quite the word I'll use to describe what I do." I closed my eyes and leaned into the seat.

"Then what?" I looked over at him and opened my eyes slightly. I felt a sudden urge of proximity.

I want to lean into his shoulder and lie there taking, holding hands. I realized that I missed Brian. A lot. I pushed these thoughts away. I can't think of him right now.

Mason was yet to respond he was thinking it over. He ran his hand through his hair and looked at me.

"More like his agent I guess." Well that sounds more promising than a spy at least.

"Am I ever going to see my old life again?" I began to get curious would I start singing and dancing again or will I have to do something else?

"Don't think of this as a new life just as a new path for new experiences and you'll get to do things you love too." When did he get all poetic.

"Mhmm alright," I sighed and began to close my eyes.

"Go to sleep Vanessa." Was the last thing I heard Mason say before I drifted off to sleep.