Just Like Old Times

Can't believe today is Christmas! I used to always be so looking forward  to it, but it's going to different this year. Without Sam there wouldn't be any christams cookies or fun. She always would brighten the mood during the darkest times.

Sure I mean I should be happy since that is what she would want  me to be. I have to be happy and show her how strong I can be.She would never want me to be upset.

"Vanessa!! come down here you have guests!!" oh yea did I forget to mention it was 9 in the morning and I was currently taking a shower?

Well now you do and my mom has been acting grouchy lately. I washed my hair one last time and stepped out of the  shower.Turned off the water and grabbed my blue towel. I wrapped my towel around my soaking wet body.

I carefully shaved my legs and underarms. When I finished I opened the door and walked in my room.

I started humming a random song and as I detangled my hair with my purple hair brush.

"Nessa is that you, God I missed you!!" uh oh thats not, or is it? He came through my now open door and hugged me. I awkwardly hugged back since I was still in a towel.

"Hey!" I smiled at him with fake enthusiasm. My cousin, Alex, was here. It's not like I disliked him it's just that we have unresolved issues.

"You're not still mad are you?" he walked up to me and looked me in the eye. Alex was a good 2 inches taller than me and he's older than me by a month or so.

"A little, but it's in the past so can we talk about it later?" I asked him silently pleading with my eyes.  I really didn't want to talk about it and have the memories come back.

"Sure just because it's Christmas and were supposed to be happy." I smiled at him and let him choose my outfit.

Which was a huge mistake. Since he chose my most revealing outfit. I looking up at him and shook my head no.

"Really? I think it fits you, especially since you're still wearing a towel you should dress before you catch a cold." He smirked as I felt him try to pull it off and got an urge to play tag with him being it.

"I said no!"  I yelled at Alex excitedly as he started chasing me.

"Come on its not like its going  to be the end of the world." He wiggles his eyebrows at me and his hand slightly tugged at my towel as he finally caught up with me.

"Alex! At least choose a different outfit." I hopped on his back and some how my towel managed to stay on.

"Fine, but how bout you choose and I watch." He looked up at me since I was currently on his back getting a piggy back ride.

I hopped off his back and went inside my closet and closed the doors.

"Yea thanks for the view!" I heard Alex say sarcastically I giggled and quickly changed. I stepped out and tied my hair up.

Alex was on my bed laying on his stomach and playing a game on his phone. I jumped on his back and straddled him of top of him.

"Hey get off!" I giggled as he struggled under me.

"No way that's what you get for wanting me to be seen in your horrible taste in clothing!"

He turned over now laying on his back, so he can see my face and talk to me more accurately. He sat up and smirked.

"Well whose clothes are they?"I crossed my arms and frowned at his sarcastic question. He acted like he was so smart.

"Well smarty whose the one who chose the wrong top and bottom?"

"You're cute, ness." He nuzzled his nose against mine and he chuckled.

I giggled as I grabed his hand and led him downstairs so we could eat breakfast. Just like old times.

♥◆♥◆♥◆♥◆♥◆♥◆♥◆♥◆♥◆

"Vanessa you've grown so much!" I reached the bottom of the stairs and ended up in the arms of my Aunt Marie.Which is Alex's mom and his dad died when he was two so he didn't know him very well.

"Auntie I missed you!" She was my favorite aunt and always will be.

"Now here Vanessa I have a present for you why don't you open it?" Aunt Marie handed me a little box with baby blue wrapping paper and a white bow. I didn't hesitate to open it.

I ripped it open and lifted the lid off the box. I gasped it was the most beautiful bracelet I have ever seen.

It had one charm on it and which was a pink glittery heart.

"You can collect more charms as you go and you will soon end up with a bracelet with all your favorite things!" She smiled at me and I hugged her for the beautiful gift.

"You'll like my gift much more," Alex whispered in my ear and we headed off into the kitchen to eat.

~

I was currently sitting on the sofa watching Elf I really loved that movie.  Brian, Alex, Aunt Marie, and my mom were also here watching it. Well ok maybe my mom and aunt were more gossiping than watching it.

"When are we gonna open presents?" I asked impatiently. I rested my head on Brians shoulder and my legs on Alexs' lap. It was one in the after noon and we still haven't opened anything!! except for the bracelet.

"Well then vanessa go ahead!" I gave a stern look at my mom and wondered what was up with her.

We then gave out our presents. I got a few Cds and a purse from Brian. I gave him a Movie and a few other things. As for Alex he said he's wants to wait to give me mine. I didn't get him anything since I had no idea he was coming or my aunt.

I sat up from my spot on the sofa and picked up the present that read 'To Vanessa, From: Sam' I really didn't want to open it.

"What's that nessa?" I looked up and saw Alex approaching me and soon kneeled next to me. I shrugged my shoulders and I was suddenly enable to speak as I tried my best to hold back my tears.

Alex saw the present and sort of flinched when he read who it was from.

"You know nessa things happen for a reason and I'm pretty sure she wouldn't want you to be sad on her favorite day of the year." Alex wrapped an arm around my shoulder and wiped a tear that escaped and rolled down my cheek.

"Your right I guess, surprisingly," I put the present back and smiled at him. I walked back to the sofa and hopped on Brians lap straddling him. Alex went to guest bedroom where he would be sleeping so yup him and his mom are sleeping over since they live out of state.

"Hey babe," He kissed my cheek and pulled me closer to him.

"I missed you," I hugged and kissed him. Brian was the only person that could make me happy right now so I needed him.

"Do you want to go upstairs?" I looked up at him and smiled. We headed up to my room and stayed there until who knows how long.