Postponements and Promises

I decided to get rest I mean it's been busy these past few days so why not? Just as soon as I layed myself on my bed my mom calls me. Really? ugh I just layed down. I hate it when that happens. I got up from my bed and headed downstairs. 

I leaped of the last step and yelled for mom to see what she wanted. No answer thats strange. I wandered into the kitchen and saw the screen door leading into the backyard open. I walked towards the doors and peaked out to see if she was out there she wasn't.

"Mom! Where are you?"I yelled from the top of my lungs maybe it was the neighbors?Nah, because it sounded just like her. I decided to drop it and go back upstairs.

I walked up the stairs and was about to open my door to my room when I heard a loud "Vanessa!Come downstairs when im calling you!"

What the fuck? didn't I just go downstairs?I ran downstairs and saw my mom sitting on a kitchen stool in the kitchen. Ok now im confused did she magically appear or am I hallucinating? Last time I checked I was drug free.

"yea mom."

"Why didn't you come when I called?"

"Well i did, but I couldn't find you?" I was kind of embarrassed telling her. I mean who cant find her own mom in a small 2 story house?

"I was sitting here the whole time! Well anyway they called me again again and told me to bring you over tomorrow at 2."

"Wait so soon, already, wait, but I have a date with brain at 1:30 I can't go to both can't they change it?"  I hope they do I really want to go with Brian the last time I saw him was at the performance.

"Sorry, sweetie they have a tight schedule they can't change it, it's either one or the other. If you really want to get a career in the music industry then go, but if you think love is better then go on the date. It's your choice."

"Really this is one of the hardest decisions of my life!"My mom gave me a weird look. 

"Ok I guess I'll go to the meeting instead." I felt bad for postponing our date. I  ran up the stairs, again, I seriously think she's doing this on purpose.  Do I really need to burn that many calories?

I flopped myself on my bed and dialed Brians number. I waited him to pick up which he did on the 2 ring.

"Hey, vanessa what's up?"

"Hey, um Brian could we um maybe move our date to another day cause I can't actually make it tomorrow." I literally felt like crying.  He stayed quiet for a few moments then spoke up.

"Well actually I don't have another day free why can't you make it tomorrow?"

"Well, my mom got a call from-"as I explained it to him I could hear him relaxing and that it wasn't for anything else that wasn't that important. 

"Im so proud of you, Vanessa hope you do well tomorrow.  hey but what happens if your career makes it to complicated for us you know?"

"I never thought of that, but don't worry Brian I'll promise from now on to make as much time as possible for us." I told him and I really hope I could keep my promise.

"Are you sure about that promise vanessa it's pretty big, ya know?" He was right it was a huge promise but I have to stay committed to him and with this promise I will.

"Of course I'm positive I just don't want to lose you.." I kind of whispered the last part, but I know he heard me he always does.

"Don't worry nessa, we will always be there for each other. hey I got to go nessa talk to later, bye."

"Bye, Brian I miss you."

" Me too." is all he said before he hung up he took it all pretty well since we reserved our date for days and made sure to keep an open spot for it.

I wanted to rest so I layed down on my bed and drifted of to dream land where everything is perfect. Which is what my life used to be. Perfect. 

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

I woke up bright the next morning.  Feeling way better than yesterday. it was quiet in the house until I heard a loud clash. Which could have been my mom downstairs preparing breakfeast. I got out of bed and did my daily routine. When I finished brushing my hair I looked in the mirror to see if I was presentable for today. Which I did, I quickly grabed my phone and ran downstairs. I saw my mom walking out of her room burly,  wait if it wasn't her that dropped the pan then who? I guessed she must have came in to make some tea or something then went back to bed.

"Hey, mom."

"Hello, sleep well?" I nodded reluctantly and went to the kitchen to make toast and gt a cup of orange juice.

"So are you nervous for today?"

"Well yea I mean are they going to make me sing, ask me questions, or get to know me?" I had no idea what they were going to do and that is what mademe nervous.

I got my toast and sat down to eat it up. My mom did the same and sat down beside me.

She looked nervous for some reason I don't know why. I continued eating my bread and I heard my phone vibrate. I got a text I pulled out my phone and it was from Amy.

hey um sorry for the way I acted im actually very happy for you. I should have been supporting you instead of you worring about me so sorry hope you do great 2day x

I typed back a quick reply which stated no worries and for us to meet up later at the mall. I finished my toast and cleared my dishes.

"When are we leaving?" I asked my mom as I stood next to where she was sitting. 

"Well, we need to get there early just in case they want to see us earlier than expected. " She told me as she got up to get her purse and keys.

"Oh ok so in a hour maybe."it was 12:30 and I was worried that going In  too early will get them mad or something. 

An hour later..

We were now  in my mom's car driving over to the studio.I was pretty nervous and couldn't stop thinking what the people would think of me. I mean if it would make it then I would be given a record label or something that would get me able to make music. If not then I was probably meant to do something bigger in life than singing. If that did happen I would not know what I would do I can't just let this go it is my dream to do this so I can't let anything keep me from living my dream.

We had arrived and we entered the lobby. It all started off from there.....