Where it Began

I was sitting alone on a park bench waiting for Amy. We have a usual hang out spot in the park were we always meet when we have something important to share. I brought my favorite book along just in case she took long showing up. Luckily I heard her familiar heavy breaths coming this way. Wait was she running?

"You are not gonna believe what I just heard!" My best friend Amy told me. She  quickly sat down next to me and smiled widely. She was sweating, so  she probably ran all the 8 blocks from her house to here so it must be important.

"What?" I was always the one to get excited for what Amy has to share with me. I sat up and grinned. She took a deep breath probably still tired from her run.

"Well you know how Brian has been real quiet lately and gloomy all of a sudden?"  I nodded not really sure where this was heading.  She perked up and squealed.  Brian has been acting strange lately and I have been getting worried. He doesn't really talk to me anymore I feel like he's ignoring me.

He always talks to me over the phone or during school. We always spoke during chemistry, but now when I try to start a conversation he turns to talk  to someone else. It's been bothering and hurting me. Why is he doing this we're best friends we're supposed to tell each other everything well not  super personal stuff like the last time he changed underwear or something.

"Well I heard him tell of  his 'Bros' , Tyler, that he has been really upset  since he didn't have the courage to do something to a girl or confess or something. He wanted advice I heard him asking 'what should I say'. Well he said something like that I couldn't really hear from behind the bush."  I quirked up an eyebrow. That's the reason why he hasn't been talking to me! That's why he's been a jerk!  Why would Amy care any way?

Why it was important that he likes a girl all of a sudden I mean we usually never cared for his love life. He was our best friend sure, but we never talked to him about you know, love. Well I did get this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach whenever he looked at me or smiled. With his cute smile and his ever so perfect dimples.

What am I thinking he's my best friend! I shouldn't be feeling this way. I mean he has been neglecting me I should just let go of these feelings I mean he doesn't like me since he's been avoiding me.

"Well I also heard him say the name of the girl of his dreams! " Amy singsonged I gulped this is gonna be hard to take in. I patiently waited for her to say the dreaded name. She paused for dramatic effect and when she was ready she blurt it out.

"It's you!"  What! My eyes went wide. What on earth is happening he just can't like me right? That will ruin our friendship. I kinda of understand why he has been avoiding me, but he shouldn't have I felt left out and confused.

"What are you sure?" I began to sweat and shake slightly. She probably heard wrong yea that's it.

"Yes I'm positive unless they were where talking about the sophomore Vanessa who never showers or brushes her hair." She reasoned. She began to look around and when she saw no one around she exclaimed. 

"Isn't this lovely it's like a fairy tale or like those fanfictions where two best friends fall in love! " She pretended to faint dramatically while I was freaking out.

"But this can't be real I mean he can't like me only as a friend maybe, but he can't like me more than that it's impossible. I mean, sure I do feel butterflies whenever he touches me or smiles. Or don't forget the fact that he is to hot to like me more than a friend!" I  laughed  uncomfortably.

"Um Vanessa can I talk to you?" My face was still red from that heartbeaking outburst  as I turned around and saw Brian standing behind me. Oh boy.

A\N God I feel terrible for the lack of updates but anyway here is one and I'm terribly sorry it's short I'll be putting another chapter up soon. This is a flashback so don't get confused. :)Xx