A lot of explaining to do

So Brian left a hour ago and it's 11 at night so I was debating on whether or not to fix my problems with Alex.  I decided to since I couldn't sleep and I was bored. I hopped off my bed and slipped on my slippers. I was in my pjs so I was comfy. I went downstairs and noticed that the guest room door was open. I peaked inside and saw that he wasn't there.

"Psst hey." I jumped and felt a hand cover my mouth to prevent me from screaming.

From the voice I could tell it was Alex. I turned around and starred at him and waited from him to remove his hand. He smirked and pulled his hand away and led us to the living room were we wouldn't disturb anyone.

As soon as I sat on the couch and him as well I began to question him. 

"Why aren't you asleep?" I asked him as he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Ok so I shouldn't be asking since I'm awake too," I smiled and cleared my thoart. Which meant he could start talking.

"You know nessa, I wouldn't have left if it wasn't an emergency," I nodded my head and let him explain something that I wouldn't have let him long ago.

"My mom was recently going bankrupt and we couldn't find a job for her and we needed the help desperately.  My mom decided to get me out of school and go to live with my family in Europe." I can't believe I was that naive to not see that I must have been incredibly stupid.

"I'm sorry, "I whispered

"How come you didn't tell me you were leaving?" I looked up at him and waited for his answer. He sighed and started playing with the hem of my tank top.

"My mom thought it was easier to leave without telling  you guys, believe me if I could  I would." He looked at me with the most sad expression I have ever seen. He must feel terrible and now I'm putting  all the blame on him. I hate myself.

"I'm sorry for  ignoring your calls but I seriously felt neglected and betrayed, you know."  He was the most important person in my life back then him and my sister would help through everything. He left in middle school the 7th grade to be exact.

So it was pretty rough figuring out that he left with my second mother. Then two years later my boyfriend left too and you wouldn't believe how hard it was dealing with the people you loved the most leaving you.

"Vanessa if I could I would  have stayed and been with you, but things turned out differently."

"I know and I'm being selfish I should understand that your mom was more in desperate need of help." I suddenly felt his hand rub my arm.

"Thanks nessa,"He kissed the top of my head. "Now I have my best friend back," he whispered before I fell asleep.

********

I saw Amy and a mysterious man standing not to far from me. I looked around and saw them behind a glass window I could hear them whispering and laughing.

"Amy!!" I cried out hoping to catch her attention. She looked different evil to be exact she suddenly looked my way. I screamed as she lunged for me breaking the glass and grabbed my neck.

"No one loves you nessa no one does, I'm not your friend, no one is, Brian doesn't love you, neither does your mother!"  Tears escaped my eyes as I shook with horror. 

"Vanessa, wake up!" I shot up and started breathing heavily.  I closed my eyes and tried to control myself trying to not let the dream get to me.

"Vanessa what's wrong?" I opened my eyes and saw Alex sitting on my bed. How did I get here? maybe he carried me up.

"Nothing just a bad dream that's all." I smiled to reassure him and he placed his hand on my forehead. He placed it down and frowned.

"Vanessa you are not ok, I have never seen you so scared during a dream before, you can tell me anything remember?" He grabbed my hand and began making circular motions with his thumb.

"I don't know I mean I'm not even sure what I dreamt, All I'm sure is that Amy was there and she wasn't herself at all."  I quivered the last part and remembered what she said to me. What if it's true!

I burst out crying and Alex brought me into his arms and I wondered if it was a coincidence that he came right when I needed someone. He held onto me tightly as If I could dissappear into thin air.

I rested my head on his chest and tried my best to control my breathing.He rubbed his hand up and down my arm and moved my hair out of my face and behind my ear.

"Vanessa you don't have to tell me everything if you're not comfortable, but I just want you to know that I am here for you." I looked up at him and smiled through my tears.

"Thanks."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Amy I need to talk to you," I told her over the phone as I sat on the kitchen counter. It feels like forever since I've spoked to her ever since I started my music career we've grown apart.

"Um I can't actually I have to go...yeah bye!" She hung up. I tugged at my hair.

"She ended the call, again!" I was so frustrated how am I supposed to hang out with her if she doesn't even want to talk to me. Ugh!

"Hey calm down maybe she was... having sex?" I looked at Alex weirdly. He smiled faintly. I burst out laughing I seriously love this guy.

"Alex really?" I giggled as he stood between my legs and shrugged. My mom walked into the kitchen with Aunt Marie trailing behind.

I was about to tell them Good morning when Aunt Marie looked my way and frowned. What did I do?

"Um what's wrong?" I asked, as my mom left into the living room. 

"Nothing dear," My aunt replied through gritted teeth. I flinched she sounded odd. I looked down and suddenly felt guilt.

  "Um ok, " I muttered as I hopped off the counter and got some cereal to eat. I heard my phone go off as soon as I shoved my first spoonful of cheerios in my mouth.

I quickly swallowed it and answered the call.

"Hello?" I cleared my throat since I was beginning to choke.

"Hello Vanessa this is your agent Rick you need to come to my office right away."

"Oh sure thing see you soon," I hung up. I hope it was good news what if they quit on me or

"Who was it." Alex asked interrupting my thoughts.  He sat at the kitchen table eating oatmeal in peace.

"It was Rick, my agent, well I have to go to his office right away, so I'll see you later," I threw my cereal away and grabbed my purse.

"Bye!" I heard Alex yell as I left through the front door.