Mason the Spy

To say I was shocked was on the bottom in my bucket of feelings. I was more confused to say the least. Mason was spy, but he looked normal and acted like a regular person. Maybe that's how they go unnoticed instead of wearing all black and a huge ski mask.

He was holding my chin firmly and tilted my head up so I would meet his gaze. I smiled which must have confused Mason since he furrowed his eyebrows and loosened his grip on my chin.

"Mason so you basically tricked my mom into working for you? I don't get it." My voice was gentle and smooth.

He let go completely of my face and ran a hand through his blond hair which was probably dyed. Since I spotted some brown roots. He hesitated before answering as if deciding whether or not to tell.

He weighed the options before giving in.

"Well I did sort of It was the only way to get her to give up you. I pretened to join her side and you know help her out; I gave her some ideas like to give you chance to live off on your own. Which she agreed to and I do originally work for your dad. He was furious that your mother had taken all her anger out on you and your sister so he assigned me and jeff, the other guy from earlier, to get you." He furrowed his eyebrows as if he trying to remember something then continued.

"He was worried about you and he was putting himself to blame for everything and he just almost lost it when your sister was killed. He wants you to live a normal life and not with your mom right now.He found out about your mom and went into action creating plans to get you. "

That made sense, but my dad can't just expect me to go crawling back to him. Somehing didn't seem right though.

"But how can I possibly go see him when he left us?" My gaze left his and I focused on the bright yellow cup that was placed in front of me about 10 minutes ago.

"He wants to explain everything to you and why he left. Every single question that you have for him he will answer it for you. He cares about you a lot."

" What does he want from me then?" My hand went through my hair and back down to trace the charm on my bracelet. I haven't even noticed that I've been wearing the bracelet my aunt gave me. I glanced up and squinted my eyes.

The sun shinned through the baby blue curtains and hit my face. I tilted my head to the side to avoid the sun, but I ended up bumping into Masons shoulder.

"Oh sorry." Well that was awkward. He chuckled and seated himself on the edge of the sofa. Oops.

"Well it's fairly simple he wants to see you and of course get to know you by training you to become one of us."

"Wait what!?"

"You said yourself that you were fit and dance and are capable to survive in a zombie apocalypse so what's the difference?"

He had a point there, but I don't want to become a spy and break Into houses and stop thieves or masterminds. I want to live a normal life wih my friends and my boyfriend who has probably moved on by now.

"But..but I can't do that, that just isn't me! I'm not meant to become a spy and not have a normal life. I'm still young I got to live before I get old and get shipped to a hospital!"

"What's more active then being a spy and beating the crap out of our enemies? There's more to it besides being secretive and planting cameras everywhere."

I shook my head trying to make that horrible idea disappear from my head. I suddenly realized something and I almost let it slip past me.

"How do I know that who you're talking about is really my father?"