1

(Themes of Abuse)

"BLOOD TRAITOR" My father screamed at me, I was on the floor as he through spells at me, I was used to this torture, but it didn't make it easier. The spells were continuous, and I heard Lucius upstairs with his pure-blood friends, he was older than me, and he hated me from the day I stepped into Gryffindors arms. But, I had no choice, Gryffindor is where I belong, and I know that. I just wish my family didn't hate me as much as they do. It was different for Sirius Black, the well-known blood traitor, he was outspoken and popular, and as soon as he got a scratch he ran to his friends, but it wasn't as easy for me, everyone thought I was like my big brother, a disgusting pure-blood freak. I wasn't like Sirius, I wasn't lucky like him.
I don't even think Sirius knows I exist, our families were close friends, but I had always been locked away from the day I was born, you see I never believed in this pure-blood crap, and I let everyone know, Lucius had hope for me, but my parents never saw that, but in the end, everyone hated me.

"CRUCIO!" I heard the dreaded spell hit me, and I writhed in pain, I made no sound, bit my cheek to stop him from hearing my scream, I was brave, I was Gryffindor.

After a while the spell stopped, and without another word, my father told me to leave, and I did just that, I would be gone for a few days probably, he would send his patronus out to receive me when he wanted me, the only reason he would want me, is so that he had complete control. I wouldn't disobey him.

I didn't speak, instead I grabbed my jacket, which contained my motorbike keys and a packet of beloved cigarettes, and before long I was on the road, my hair whipping behind me and adrenaline rushing through my veins.
After an hour, I stopped my bike, getting off and sitting on the curb, it was night, pitch black, but it didn't bother me, I lit my cigarette and thought about how much I wanted to run away forever, but I had nowhere to go, not until I finished at Hogwarts at least.
I felt the bruises on my ribs, but the pain was consistent and it had been for years, so I was used to it. I had also got bloody knuckles from punching my wall in frustration, I guess the family anger trait was passed onto me, though I only ever took it out on myself. I didn't want to be here, but I couldn't control this, I was too small and too weak, my father had control, and he knew it.
I heard my stomach growl and I rolled my eyes in frustration, I can't remember when I last ate, but its nearly September, so at least at Hogwarts I wont starve to death. I was skinnier than I probably should be, but I wasn't bothered by it, I wasn't bothered much by my self-destruction, which in itself was pathetic.
I didn't have my wand, Daddy had taken it from me as soon as I got off the beautiful steam train last year, I missed it, but the only way I was going to get it back, was if I was obedient, so I stayed quiet and only spoke when spoken too, I let him hurt me, and I let my brother and mother watch in disgust, I didn't argue because then I would never be able to get away, it wasn't worth fighting over. Not yet anyway.