39

The next few hours were painful, Lily went crazy with the amount of preparations, but eventually, it was time to put my dress on. Lily had done my hair and makeup, and from the quick glance in the mirror, I looked extremely different and elegant.

I carefully took my dress into the bathroom, and quickly I slipped into the soft fabric. I looked into the small mirror, I didn't know what to think, I looked like someone else.

With a deep breath, I opened the bathroom door and walked into our room, Lily, who was already in her dress and ready, turned and looked at me.

She gasped, putting her hand up to her mouth in disbelief. She didn't speak for a few minutes, simply studying me fully. I looked down awkwardly, feeling uncomfortable, which made her start rambling, "Oh my god! Bella, you look so wonderful! I don't believe it, Remus is going to have a heart attack..." she continued on rambling quickly, and with a blush on my face, I went to my things, getting perfume out and spraying my fruity scent all over me.

I rummaged through my pile of shoes and found some fancy heels, I walked over to Lily, holding my heels, I touched her shoulder gently, stopping her rambling immediately.

"Calm down, Lils, look at yourself!" I said and she burst out giggling. She then looked at the time and told me we had to leave. So, I slipped on my heels, and followed the eager redhead out of the room.

I stood back, and watched Lily go down the stairs first, I heard James gasping and complimenting her like mad, so I thought now would be a good time to make my appearance.

I stood at the top of the stairs, doubting myself, I wasn't good enough for Remus, I never would be, I definitely didn't feel like I looked pretty enough tonight. But, with a deep, long breath, I carefully made my way down the stairs, to my friends.

I held my breath as I entered the warm common room, as soon as I walked in, all of my friends turned to look at me. James had his arm around Lily protectively, and both of them looked happy, I noticed Sirius standing around joking, he was in his pajamas, he hadnt been invited tonight. My eyes then found Remus.

I felt myself pale in nerves, what if I wasn't good enough? What if he thought I looked hideous? I pretended I was confident, and I smiled big, at him, but he just stared at me, his eyes wide and his mouth slightly agape.