80

Nervously, I followed Ignatius down more hallways, and we entered a large hall, there was around ten different long tables spread out in the large room. I followed Ignatius to the one in the right corner of the room, where a loud group of men were laughing and joking around. I looked around the rest of the tables, noticing a couple people on each, studying I assume.

Ignatius coughed loudly, and the group of about ten people, all looked at me. Studying me carefully. Most of them were a lot older than me, but there was a couple who didn't look that much older than me.

"This is Arabella; she is going to be studying with us for the next few weeks." He began and they all looked at me incredulously. "Yes, I know, she looks small and weak, but from what I've heard from Kettleburn and from what I've already seen, she is more than what she appears to be." He smirked down at me and I rolled my eyes. "Treat her equally, and treat her as one of our own." Ignatius concluded, before leaving me standing there awkwardly.

"Come on then Bella, sit down." A tall boy smirked at me, he looked to be in his early twenties, and he looked the kindest of the bunch.

I smiled warmly, sitting down next to him, "So, what's your name?" I asked as confidently as I could.

"I expected you to be more shy." Someone across from me spoke up rudely, and I looked over at him in shock, he looked a few years older than me. He was muscular, much like everyone here and he had dark black hair with bright green eyes, which were studying me carefully.

"I'm Arthur, and don't mind him, he's a bit harsh sometimes." I turned back to the man, Arthur, who was sitting next to me, he had blonde hair, and looked kind of nerdy, but not in a bad way.

"Don't worry, I'm used to jerks who are too far up their own ass to give a damn about anyone else." I said causing laughs to escape from the men around me, except the black haired boy, who was looking at me in surprise, before angrily getting up and storming off.

"That's Luke, he's had it rough and he doesn't like people, but he's alright once you get to know him." Arthur spoke up and I simply nodded in response.

For some reason, I wanted to befriend him... I just felt in a weird way, like I could relate to his isolation, and I hated the idea of someone else suffering.

"Come on then, I'll show you around." Arthur says standing up, I stood up as well, the other men smiled small smiles before returning to conversation. "This way." He said, so I followed him eagerly.

We walked down large hallways, with maps on the walls, I briefly looked at them, and they seemed to be maps of the mountains and where to find the dragons.
"This is where the eggs are." Arthur broke me out of my thoughts, and I looked in awe, we had just entered a large room, full of eggs, some on fires, others in buckets of ice. I quickly rushed to the side of one of them, it was large and beautiful, from what I already knew, I knew it wouldn't take long before it hatched.

"This is amazing." I grinned at Arthur who was watching me amused.
"You really aren't what I imagined." He chuckled, before ushering me out of the room. "Come on, I'll show you the lab." We walked for about five minutes before entering a potions lab, there were a bunch of scientists around, working on medicines and other potions for the dragons. I watched curiously for a few moments, before I was once again ushered out of the room.