50

Remus' p.o.v

With an unconscious angel in my arms, I carefully picked her up and took her to her bed, I was more than worried, but I tried my best to be strong. I gently laid her on the soft bed, hoping that she was comfortable.
I had no idea what happened with her and my father, but when he came back downstairs, he had red eyes from crying and he simply said "She can stay" before leaving the room again. I wanted to ask Bells what happened, but it was probably best I didn't mention it for a while.

I didn't sleep at all that night, I just sat next to Bells, gently stroking her hair as she slept peacefully, I don't know why I couldn't sleep, but I didn't want her waking up panicking or crying. And if that did happen, I was going to make her feel happy again, no matter what.

When she finally did wake up, it was morning and it was already snowing. She opened her gorgeous eyes and I could see the panic there, but once she noticed me, softly stroking her hair and smiling comfortingly, she instantly calmed down. "Good morning darling." I said quietly and she blushed slightly, causing me to smile.

She sat up silently, and I watched as she looked out the window in awe, "It's snowing!" She exclaimed with a child-like grin on her face, it was adorable.

"Would you like to go outside?" I asked with a smile, I would do anything for her, I hoped she knew that.

She turned to look at me in shock, "You mean, we're allowed outside in the snow!?" She gasped and at first I thought she was joking but I studied her face for a moment and realised that she wasn't. She had never been outside to play in the snow?
Before I could question it, she turned again to look out the window, "My parents never let me play, I never deserved it." Her voice was quiet and sad. I gently wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her back into me.

I gently kissed her cheek, "Well darling, get dressed and we can have a snowball fight, then we can build snowmen and have the whole day doing whatever you want." I suggested and she giggled, the wonderful sound made me smile wide.

"Oh you're the best Remus." She turned her head slightly and kissed my nose playfully, but it made me blush nonetheless, "I need to find clothes that are warm enough!" she said worried.

I laughed gently before saying, "I'll lend you some stuff." And she kissed my cheek in thanks, before jumping out of my grasp and rushing to the bathroom to get dressed.

With a content and happy sigh, I stood up, stretched and left to find her some warmer clothes.