74

I was walking aimlessly around the corridors when a random ghost approached me, "Arabella Malfoy?" He asked gently.

"That's me." I looked at the being curiously.

"The headmaster wishes to see you in his office." Was all he said before leaving again. With an anxious mind, I quickly rushed to Dumbledore.

The door opened before I could knock and a happy Dumbledore welcomed me in kindly. "Hello Sir," I said politely and he chuckled to himself.

"You may call me Albus over the summer months." He said whilst leaving the room, I followed unsurely. "It is time to eat, Arabella." He said after a moment of silence and I blushed at the obvious statement.

We both walked in silence to the hall, it was completely empty and it was rather bizarre, but I didn't comment.

"Some staff do decide to stay over the summer months, I assume they will be arriving momentarily." He said, letting me sit in the seat next to his fancy chair on the staff table. It was definitely a weird experience, but I rather liked it.

We both talked for a while about all kinds of random things, and I felt comfortable around him, so that was well. It also helped to stop the feeling of loneliness that was beginning to fill my mind.

Later that night, I was alone in my dorm, writing down a letter to Remus.

Hello my love,

I miss you already, its only been a few hours... how pathetic.

Its lonely here, and cold too, which is odd because it is now summer... maybe it is because there is only a few people in this huge castle... I don't know.

I am going to the library tomorrow, I feel less alone there. I might read some of those muggle books you suggested, that's if I can find them.

I know that the full moon is coming up, and I wish I could help you... I really wish I could. You're in my heart and mind every second... I'm sorry I sound so corny... I just don't know what to do anymore.

Love Arabella.

Once I had signed the letter off, I placed it in an envelope and headed to the owlery, Dumbledore had told me that I had no rules for the few months of summer, and it was rather exciting.

I quickly ran to the owlery, passing sleeping portraits and plenty of ghosts.
Once there, I borrowed a school owl, and gently stroked its head, it cooed at me and I couldn't help but smile at the adorable bird.

"Please, darling bird, take this to Remus Lupin." I said gently and I could have sworn it nodded its head in response before taking the letter in its beak and flying off into the night.