12

The day passed quickly and I hadnt heard or seen anything of Remus, I was worried, but I reckon he was just tired, it was a long night and a painful transformation, I wouldn't blame him if he just wanted to sleep.

I was in the last lesson, James and Sirius were sleeping in the seats behind me, I was lonely once again, Remus wasn't beside me and I missed him terribly. I really liked Remus, probably a little too much, but he was so sweet and kind, he made me feel jittery and special. I would never admit to anyone that I had feelings for him, that would be insane, Remus was too precious for someone like me, I would ruin him.
I was a bad girl, who liked to smoke and stay up late, Remus was a good boy, who liked to read all day and go to bed earlier. We weren't meant to be, I was being stupid.

When we were finally dismissed I told Sirius and James that I was going to the lake, I wanted to be alone for a bit, the more tired I got, the more I ended up thinking about my problems, which was something that I thought best to do alone and away from everyone I cared about.

When I finally made it to the lake, I sat down, my back to a large tree and I rummaged through my bag, in hope of a cigarette. It took me a while, but I luckily had one at the bottom of my bag. With slightly shaky hands I lit the cigarette and I began to smoke away my problems.

My thoughts were toxic but I couldn't help myself, I ended up non-stop thinking about how this year had gone. I was harshly interrupted when I heard footsteps.

Before I could get away, Lucius appeared, with a large smirk his pale, evil face. I stood up quickly, dropping my cigarette and stamping on it with my foot, he watched my every move, he hadn't spoken yet and it was making me nervous, though I didn't show him how terrified I was.

"Father told me that you're running away, is it true? Coward." He finally spoke, his voice was calm and taunting, I wanted to scream at him, I wanted to hit him and tell him to go to hell, but I bit the inside of my cheek, I refused to stoop so low as to fight him. "It must be true, I knew you were never brave enough to be a Gryffindor." He was pushing my buttons and he knew it. He suddenly got his wand out, and before I could react he said loudly, "CRUCIO!" I fell to the floor in extreme pain, for some reason I couldn't scream, my voice was non-existent and I realised that he must have non-verbally silenced me. I felt tears in my eyes. It had been a good few months and I had forgotten how much it hurt.

I was weaker now.
Now that I was happier, I was weaker and it hurt so much more.