5

What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I heard a harsh voice and I looked up in horror, there stood my big brother, glaring daggers at me, fuck.

"Nothing, I'm just going." I stuttered, terrified, the boys looked at the situation, scared for me. I was about to leave when Sirius grabbed my arm and sat me down again.

"Bugger off Lucius." He growled, I looked at him in complete shock and terror.

"No Sirius, shut up, I'll go." I whispered at him, hoping Lucius wouldn't hear my pleading.

Sirius turned to look at me, worry filling his eyes, "You cant let him push you around Arabella." He whispered back, looking sadder than ever, I put my hand on his arm, making him back down.

He saw the sadness in my eyes, he was the only person I had let see, his eyes filled with tears, though I don't know why he was so worked up about it, "I'm leaving Lucius, no need to worry your pretty little self." And he growled at me, he grabbed my arm harshly, but I didn't react, even though pain was hitting my like a bullet. I heard Sirius growling, but he did nothing, thank god.

"If I see you with these blood traitors, trust me, you'll regret it." And for some reason I got mad, like really mad.

"Don't talk about them like that," he slapped me around the face and I fell to my knees, I didn't give up, I kept defending the Marauders, though I don't know why, "They are better people than you'll ever be Lucius Malfoy, go to hell." I spat at him, and before anyone could stop him he kicked me harder than ever. I collapsed into a ball, spitting out blood as Lucius stormed out of the carriage.

"Fuck!" Sirius cried as he helped me sit up gently and kindly. "That bastard! How dare he!" He was shaking with anger, I noticed the other two Marauders looking concerned and angrier than ever.

"Don't you worry yourself Sirius, I'm dandy." I patted his cheek gently with a fake smile on my face, he looked so worried but I rolled my eyes and he helped me get up. I stumbled a bit but I was fine, or at least, I would be, for now. "Anyone got an apple, I'm starved." I said after a pause. Remus smiled weakly at me, feeling guilty for my brothers actions, before handing me a red apple. I smiled at him before slowly munching on it.

"Does that happen often?" James stuttered out, and I noticed how sad he looked. I didn't want to lie to these boys, I just felt obliged to tell them the truth.

"Most days." I smiled awkwardly and Sirius started crying, "Please don't pity me." I said, and they looked at me, silently. "You hardly know me, so please don't." I said feeling exhausted, the pain had taken over and I had only eaten half the apple but I was already full.

Remus' p.o.v
Earlier
I was walking back to the Marauders carriage when a tiny girl crashed into me collapsing and visibly flinching, she was in pain, oh god, was that me? Did I hurt her?
I noticed it was Arabella Malfoy and helped her. We talked briefly, I was incredibly shocked that she remembered my name, I wasn't anything special. I convinced her to come to our carriage and when we got there, she was quiet and listened to our conversation politely, she was honestly beautiful, the way her blonde hair framed her face made her crystal blue eyes pop out, she was small and pale, but god was she gorgeous.

I was brought out of my thoughts with a harsh voice, "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I looked up shocked and saw Lucius Malfoy glaring daggers at his younger sister, who apart from her blonde hair and blue eyes was nothing like her brother.

"Nothing, I'm just going." She stuttered, I could tell she was terrified, she didn't seem like the type to get scared, but I could see terror visible on her petite face.

Padfoot grabbed her arm gently and sat her down again before she could leave, I could tell that he already thought of her as a younger sister, though I don't think he had realised that he cared yet, but it was obvious.

"Bugger off Lucius." He growled and any normal person would be terrified, but not Lucius, Arabella looked at Sirius shocked and scared, though not of him, but for him.

She whispered to Sirius, telling him to shut up, I believe. Sirius turned to her, looking sadder than I had ever seen him. "You cant let him push you around Arabella." I heard him reply, she pushed him behind her, facing her brother with Gryffindor bravery.

"I'm leaving Lucius, no need to worry your pretty little self." She said confidently, but Lucius growled in response, he grabbed her arm, it looked painful but she didn't react. Sirius growled and I felt anger fill me.

"If I see you with these blood traitors, trust me, you'll regret it." I felt hurt hit me at his cold words, and I looked at the feisty girl who we hardly knew, she looked mad.

Suddenly she snapped, but I wish she hadnt, not at our expense. "Don't talk about them like that," as she said those words Lucius slapped her around her stunning face, I moved forward but Prongs held me back, she had collapsed to the floor, but she didn't give up, "They are better people than you'll ever be Lucius Malfoy, go to hell." She spat at his feet, I gasped along with Prongs, why would she defend us, she hardly knew us, but in that moment, I felt nothing but awe for the brave young girl. Before I could stop him Lucius kicked her extremely hard in her stomach, she groaned and spat out blood, Lucius didn't even look back as he slammed the door.

"Fuck!" Padfoot cried, going forwards to the fragile girl, he helped her gently sit up, and he grew angrier, "That bastard! How dare he!" he was shaking now with anger, she looked around the room, noticing our concern.

"Don't you worry yourself Sirius, I'm dandy." She patted his cheek gently with a jaw dropping smile on her face, she rolled her eyes before getting up. She stumbled and I leaped forward to help, but Padfoot had already caught her. She sat down on the chair and asked, "Anyone got an apple, I'm starved." And I smiled at her, feeling terrible about the situation, I brought her here, this was my fault. I handed her the apple, and she smiled gratefully before munching it slowly.

After an awkward silence Prongs spoke, "Does that happen often?" I couldn't help but wonder the same thing.

She looked torn before answering honestly, "Most days." It was simple but heartbreaking, I noticed Sirius crying, though he was trying to hide it, but he cared so much for the young girl already. "Please don't pity me." She begged and I looked at her incredulously, "You hardly know me, so please don't." She looked exhausted, and I noticed she had stopped eating, she was in pain, I knew that, even if she was trying to hide it, I knew pain well, and I could see it all over her.

"You hardly know us, yet you defended us against your abusive brother, I'm sorry but I don't give a shit, I already care about you, and I will bloody well care if you get hurt. You don't have a choice." Sirius said angrily, she looked at him in complete shock and awe.

"Thank you." She managed to get out of her voice, she looked calm, but tears were slowly escaping her eyes. "Thank you so much." She whispered so quietly before collapsing and falling unconscious.