76

I took the wet cloth and gently dabbed his sweaty forehead. Remus was still groaning and complaining, "Mum, I need a drink!" He croaked out, I didn't correct him, trying not to upset him.

"You're going to have to sit up." I said gently and I heard a deep intake of breath.

"Bells?" I heard him whisper, tears clearly escaping his eyes, I could hear the shake in his voice and I wanted to cry too, but I tried my best to hold it all in.

"Hello my love." I said quietly, but he heard as he began sobbing.

"It hurts so much Bells... it hurts." His pain made me so so sad, and I was unsure what to do.

"I know Remus, but I'm here now," I said as soothingly as I could, "Let me help you?" I almost begged and as I helped him up he screamed in pain, "Shit, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I had tears flowing out of my eyes, but I ignored them the best I could.

Once he had a drink, I placed the glass down and looked at him, the lighting was almost pitch black, but I could just about see the outline of his face, he must have been able to see me too, because he gently placed his hand on my cheek. He was quiet, really quiet and I didn't want him to hurt, so I didn't dare move.

"Please don't cry." He said quietly, and I bit my lip, holding back a sob.

"I'm sorry Remus, I just want you to be ok." I said as the sob escaped my mouth.

He didn't speak for a while, just gently stroked my cheek, lost in thought. "Kiss me." He almost demanded, but it didn't bother me. I carefully placed my lips on his, afraid of hurting him in any way at all. But, he had other ideas, and kissed me back roughly and desperately. When I pulled away, he was gasping for breath.

"I could have hurt you! You shouldn't have done that." I said and he laughed gently before wincing in pain.

"I don't care." He mumbled as I placed the wet cloth on his forehead again.

"Please try and sleep?" I asked and he nodded.

"Anything for you." And I once again helped him lay down, him wincing again.

It didn't take long before he was snoring, I gently stroked his hair for a while, before quickly and quietly leaving the room. As I shut the door I let out a sigh, before gasping in shock.

Sirius and James were sitting on the floor, looking at me tiredly. I slumped into the gap in between them, resting my head on Sirius' shoulder and closing my eyes for a moment.

"Tonight is going to be rough." James suddenly said, and I looked over at him, he looked tired, and sadder than I had seen him in a long while.
I took his hand and gently squeezed it and he smiled gently at me. "I missed you." James mumbled and I smiled weakly.

"I'm still here!" Sirius groaned and I laughed gently, as did James.

"I love both of you ok?" I laughed and they did too, before both of them brought me into a group hug.

We stayed in that position for a few hours, before Lyall turned up, saying we should start to the forest, so quickly, we all opened Remus' door and before he could scream, I ran to his side and stroked his hair gently, "Hello my love, we have to start going now, let me help you up." And now that he could see me, he stared at me intently.

"You're so beautiful." He stroked my cheek gently, he must have noticed my red eyes because he grew concerned, but before he could comment Sirius spoke up.

"Come on love birds, places to be." And I laughed gently, causing Remus to sigh before James and I helped him up.

Sirius and James helped walk him as I opened the doors. It took us a good fifteen minutes to walk to the forest, but we kept going, trying to get as far from civilisation as we possibly could.