48

After a few minutes of silence, Hope spoke up, "I am sorry that I judged you my dear, that was unfair of me, Remus speaks highly of you, and we do not want you to leave." And I looked at her with a kind smile.

"Thank you." I said quietly but confidently, and she smiled in return. I looked at Lyall, he was studying me carefully.

"You're just a pureblood freak, you don't belong here." He growled and I looked at him in shock. I knew he was probably expecting anger or some sort of hatred, but that's not what I believed in. I hated my family as much as he clearly did, it may have hurt to hear him speak like that, but there was nothing I could do.

"I understand sir, I'm sorry if that is what you believe, and I'll pack my bags immediately and be out of your way." I said clearly and as confidently as I could. "Excuse me, I shall go now." I said standing up, I didn't dare look at Remus, I knew I would start crying if I saw his concern.
I looked at Hope kindly, "Thank you for dinner, it really was wonderful." But she just looked back at me in shock, tears in her eyes.

I turned and left the room quickly, rushing to the room where my bag was. I put anything that I had taken out back into the bag as fast as I could, I didn't want to be a bother, I needed to leave.
As I zipped the bag closed, I broke down into tears, I tried my best to muffle the sound with my hand, but it didn't work, so I started panicking, I didn't want to make noise, they might hurt me like my parents did.

Remus' p.o.v

I watched in horror as my father insulted the girl I loved, I watched her carefully, I could see the pain clearly on her face, but she was trying to hide it. I wanted to scream at my father, but I was speechless.

"I understand sir, I'm sorry if that is what you believe, and I'll pack my bags immediately and be out of your way." She said as confidently as she could, but I could hear the gentle stutter, this was breaking her apart, and I didn't know what to do to help. She stood up whilst saying, "Excuse me, I shall go now." She turned her head to face my mother, who also looked distraught, "Thank you for dinner, it really was wonderful." And I saw tears in my mothers eyes at the kindness in her tone. How could my father hate her? Bells was the purest and kindest person I knew, how could he be so cruel?!

She left the room quickly, my parents were silent, but it only built up my anger, "How dare you." I growled at my father, standing up in anger, and he looked at me in shock, he stood up and I could see the anger in his eyes.

Before he could talk, I continued, "I love that girl with everything I have, her parents and brother have abused her all her life because she doesn't believe in the pureblood crap, she insists every full moon to help me out, I almost killed her last week, but she is still here, because she has no where to go, and I swear to Merlin, she deserves the world, I refuse to let my father treat her so terribly, because all her life she has been beaten, kicked and they even used the cruciatus curse on her." I said in anger, I watched as my father began to worry.

He didn't say anything, but he stormed out of the room and up the stairs.

I turned to look at my mother, and she was sobbing. I rushed to her side, hugging her gently, "Oh Remus, I didn't realised you loved her so much." She said through tears.

But I couldn't answer, I didn't know how to.