65

Remus' p.o.v

I woke up as the sun shone through the windows, I looked over to the bed, hoping to see my darling there, but she wasn't. I instantly started to panic. I hit Sirius' arm and in turn, Sirius screamed and woke James too... They noticed the missing girl, and started freaking out also.
"Check the map!" I almost shouted and James pulled it from his pocket and after he had said the words, we all crowded around it, looking for the small blonde.

"There." James said pointing at the small pair of feet, who were firmly placed by the lake, "Maybe we shouldn't interupt..." James mumbled after a moment of silence, we were all thinking it, but I couldn't leave her there, knowing that she passed out yesterday.

"You two stay here, I'll go... She needs to get checked out." They nodded with worry filling their vision, I didn't wait a second longer, before hurridly leaving the hospital wing.

I found Arabella easily, I didn't say anything for a while, I just watched her carefully, wishing there was something I could do to stop her pain... but mental illness was more complicated than that... I didn't know how to help... but I understood that she was hurting and I would do anything she asked of me to help... because no matter what, she will always be loved.

She was watching the lake, and I took her in, she was beautiful, but she always was. But, in this moment, as she took in the beauty of nature, I wished I could paint a picture of her, because she was beautiful and peaceful. I didn't want to interupt and remind her of her pain, but she was cold, I could see her shivering.

So quietly, I made my way to her side.

"Hello Remus." She mumbled as I stepped next to her, she didn't look at me, her eyes still firmly on the water. Her face was pale and almost transleucent, she had bags under her eyes and I worried that she hadnt slept much last night, and I was probably right. She held her hands together, ringing them awkwardly, and I noticed how thin she was, how had I not noticed in the last few days how bad she was getting.

I guess I wanted to avoid the problem, in hopes that it would fade away and no longer exist, but I realise now, that you should never ignore mental illness... because that makes it so much worse.

I had failed her, and in that moment, I made a silent promise, to help her out of this dark place, because she was an angel, and darkness really didn't suit her.