Life Gaurd Save Me

"Come on James! Let's go!!", my friend Cynthia whinned, pulling on my arm. It felt like she was going to break it off. "Fine! Just don't rip my arm off", I replied. Cynthia smiled. She grabbed her towel and ran to the door. I rolled my eyes, grabbed my towel and walked over to the door. "Ladies first", I said opening it for her. She walked out smiling. We walked down the street. We walked over the bridge separating the beach and the city. "Come in the water with me", Cynthia said. "I'd rather stay here", I replied. "Fine, but when you get bored don't blame me", she said. She took off the shirt covering her bathing suit and threw it at me. I caught it as she ran to the ocean. She fell making me laugh. I layed out my towel and sat down. I put her shirt with her towel. Some girls passed by trying to act cute. I rolled my eyes and watched Cynthia, making sure she doesn't drown. I don't like girls all that much. I like dudes. I keep staring at a group of dudes a couple off feet next to Cynthia. "James!" I looked back to Cynthia and saw her go under. "Shit!", I yelled. I took off my shit and ran to the ocean. I found Cynthia and tried to get her. A wave came and I hit my head on a rock. Soon, everything went black. I sat up quickly and coughed up some water. "James!" Cynthia ran at me and hugged me. I noticed we where back on the beach by our stuff. "You're alive!", she yelled. "I guess I am", I replied. "I'm so glad Shane got to us in time", she said. "Who?", I asked. A guy walked over smiling. His wet brown hair still dripping. "Th-thank you", I stuttered. "No problem", he replied. "Give him your number", Cynthia whispered in my ear. I glared at her making her laugh. Cynthia stood up and helped me up. She pushed me making me fall into Shane's arms. "Sorry", I said pushing my self up off him. Shane chuckled making my face turn a bright pink. "It's ok", he said and walked off. I gulped. Cynthia walked over smiling. "Here you go", she said. She gave me a folded price of paper. I opened it and inside was Shane's phone number. My face turn a bright red. "Let's get home so we can get you ready for your date", Cynthia said. She took my arm, holding both our towels and shirts in her other arm, and dragged me back over the bridge. "DATE!?"