One Thing

"He's too perfect", I said as I paced my room back and forth, my best friend Elizabeth or Lizzy as she liked to be called, was sitting on my bed.

"He's a boy, how perfect can he be?", she asked. Lizzy has always been like this, a non-believer in love since its never given her a good day in her life. Boys, girls, no one seemed to be able to make her happy for long so she gave up.

"Lizzy, he's the one and only Ryan Jones! He's everything a normal girl would fall for and a boy would dream to be", I replied. Lizzy rolled her eyes but sighed knowing she wasn't gonna get me out of this crush any time soon.
"Then text him back"

I looked at her like she had gone mad.
"You expect me, little nobody Finn Newman to text the greatest man alive in our high school back!?" Lizzy nodded like she didn't see a problem with that. "Want me to do it for you?", she asked picking up my phone, the text still sitting, waiting to be answered.
"Hell no Lizzy!", I yelled and dived for my phone. Lizzy was quicker than me however and locked herself in my bathroom while she texted him back. I banged on the door angry and concerned about what she was texting him.

After a new minutes, she came back out, a satisfied smile on her face. "What did you do?", I asked. "Nothing bad. I got you a date for Friday night", she said sitting down next to me, my Netflix show paused. "You did what!?" "Hey calm down sugar cube. He literally asked you out first anyways and I told him you are free Friday", she said handing me my phone. I read through the texts and almost fainted. Lizzy caught me and fanned my dramatic ass.

"I hate you so much Lizzy", I said. "You'll be thanking me later in the form of a large fry and medium mac and cheese", she replied.

[FRIDAY]

It was officially date night and to say I was nervous was an understatement. My mom and Lizzy where in the kitchen discussing my date tonight while I was pacing the living room. I was dressed in a nice flannel shirt with a plain t underneath, a pair of navy blue jeans and my black lace up boots. The thud of my boots hitting the wood floor every now and then created a nice rhythm for my thoughts. Soon their was a knock on the door. I walked over to Lizzy and stood behind her as my mom went over to open the door.

"Well hello! You must be Ryan", she said. I couldn't see him since the door was blocking him but the smell of ivory wafted in.

"Finn?" I turned to my mom who had a giant smile on her face. I scurried over, trying not to trip. I stood by my mom and faced my date. As I looked up at him I felt like I was gonna faint. He had on a nice button up shirt with light brown khakis and what looked like work boots. His hair was styled up in a quiff and he had a nice, gorgeous smile on his face, slightly showing off his canine tooth.

"For you", he said handing me a bouquet of roses. I instantly blushed and couldn't stop smiling. "Here, I'll put these in a vase and you two go on your date ok?", Lizzy said taking the roses from me. "You two have fun", my mom said and kissed my cheek.

We said our goodbyes and walked out to his car and our date began. He took me to a nice restaurant and after we walked around a dog park holding a nice conversation.

"Is Elizabeth your sister?", he asked. I giggled. "No, but she might as well be", I replied. He nodded. "Do you have any siblings?", I asked. "I have a baby brother. He will be five soon", he replied. My eyes lit up at that. "You must like kids", he said with a chuckle. A chuckle that sounded like the songs of heaven if I do say so myself. I nodded with a smile a big smile on my face.

It was soon around 9pm and we decided to go home. We stopped by and got Lizzy her fry's and mac and cheese on our way. He walked me up to my door, us hand in hand.

"I had a lot of fun today", he said. "I did too", I replied with a smile. He leaned in and a blush spread across my face. Before anything could happen though, the door swung open, Lizzy on the other side. "Ew you almost kissed", she said taking her food and closing the door again. I sighed, embarrassed as Ryan laughed at what just happened.

"Come here you", he said and pulled me in for a kiss. Trying not to freak out, I calmed myself down a bit and kissed him back. "We should do this again some time", he said, his charming smile making me swoon. "Yeah definitely", I replied. He gave me one last kiss on the cheek and walked off to his car. He flashed me a smile and drove off.

Excitement coursing through me, I walked into my house, a giant smile on my face. "Thanks for the food", Lizzy said. "You're welcome", I replied. "How'd it go?", my mom asked stealing one of Lizzy's fry's. "Amazing", I replied. My mom smiled and gave me a hug. "One thing though" I looked up at her as she let me go. "If he hurts you, me and Liz are going to throw him into the pool", she said, Lizzy behind her with an evil smile on her face. I giggled at the two and nodded. My mom smiled again and hugged me. We soon headed off to bed, Lizzy spending another night with her second family.