Animals

Cathy was more excited about the zoo than I was. She had always wanted to go to our local zoo and decided to drag me along with her. She was trying to drag me over to the lions at this very moment. "But Cathy! Lions are dangerous", I whinned. "But Zander! Lions are awesome!", she whinned. I rolled my eyes and walked with her to the lion exhibit. There was 1 male, 4 females and 5 cubs. They looked really pretty. "Zander look! There is a competition for naming them!", Cathy said. "Yep. Just write it down, put it in the jar and we will pick next week", a tour guide said. "Awesome! We should enter", Cathy said. I wasn't sure I wanted to though. Me and Cathy put in a name anyways. "Want to pet one?", the guid asked. "P-pet one?", I asked. He nodded. "Don't be shy. They won't bite", he said. Oh but yes they will Mr. Handsome. "O-Ok I guess", I replied. He smiled and lead me and Cathy to a gate. We walked in and a cub ran up to me and Cathy. "We've already named the male, and females. We have two cubs named Tator and Tot", the guid said. "That's so cute", Cathy replied. "I'm Jacob by the way. I work with the lions, cheetahs and hippos" "You must have a lot of fun here", Cathy said. "I do. Every animal is different and it's amazing" I couldn't stop looking at Jacob's green eyes. They were so beautiful. "Earth to Zander, anyone home?", Cathy asked. I wasn't fully aware until a lion ran up and pushed me into Jacob. "Pheobe that's not nice", Jacob said catching me. Pheobe, one of the females, only seemed to smile at us. "Sorry about her", Jacob said. "Oh, I-It's fine. Cheeky lions will be cheeky lions", I replied. Jacob chuckled and nodded. Cathy left us to play with the cubs. The parents didn't seem to mind, but watched over protectivly just in case. They don't have much to worry about though. Cathy won't even kill a fly. "So, you from around here? I haven't seen you before", Jacob said. "Oh, yeah I am. I go to Westernberg High School", I replied. "Wow, how have I missed such a cute human?", Jacob asked. I blushed and shrugged. "We should have lunch together tomorrow", Jacob said. "Yeah, I'd like that", I replied. We smiled at each other and watched Cathy get run over by the cubs.