My Angel

"Hi there James. Need me?", Angelo asked. "No", James scoffed. "Well you seemed to last night. You did pray to me", Angelo said. James looked at him confused. "Im an angel James. I'm your angel. And you prayed to me", he said again. James looked at the boy in front of him. 'Angelo the angel could not be this 7 year old', James thought. Thunder struck, ruining the silence. Angelo stared at his human waiting for some kind of response. "I'm sorry what?", James asked. "I'm your angel. Here to keep you from trouble", Angelo replied. "You look 7" "I'm 17 for your information", Angelo replied. "Look, I don't care who or what you are. If an angel was supposed to keep me from harm, then why have I been in jail 500 times? Why do I have tattoos all over my arms? I don't need you!", James yelled. Angelo walked over to the boy and held his face between his hands. "James Parker Smith. No matter what you say or have done, I'm here now and I'm here to save you", Angelo said. So mom was right. Tears weld up in James' eyes. "Fuck you", James said. Angelo chuckled and kissed the boys nose. James blushed and looked away. Angelo smiled and took the boys hand. "Come on. Lets go inside and dry off", he said and pulled his human inside.