Chapter 9

Mike's POV
It had been about a week since Chester and I started dating. We haven't gone on any actual dates, just school and my house. Most mornings I'd wake up to see Chester snuck into my bed again. I don't know why he didn't just come to bed with me. Chester was at school while I was stuck home, sick. I really wished Chester stayed home with me, I was worried about what could happen. Although Chaz was hesitant about it, we were out about our relationship. The door opened and Chaz walked in.

"Hey, Chazzy." I got up and hugged him. He started squirming and pushed me off. "What's wrong?"

"Don't hug me anymore." Chester said coldly. I knew something had to have really upset him.

"Chester, don't be like that. Just tell me what's wrong." I brushed a hair out of his face and he jerked his head away.

"Get away from me!"

"Chazzy, please tell me what's wrong." I was talking calmly, trying to get him to calm down.

"You, okay?!?! Just leave me alone!" He started tearing up. I put my hand on his shoulder and went to say something. "Stop touching me, you disgusting faggot!"

I took a deep breath and sighed. "Is that what this is about?"

Chester broke down and collapsed into my arms. He's done things like this before. The first time I thought he was just being an ass. It hurt seeing him like this. He had so much going on inside and he can't deal with it. I didn't mind when he did this, I knew he didn't mean anything by it. I sat down on the recliner and pulled him into my lap.

"I'm sorry, Mikey. I..I didn't m-mean to freak out on y-you." He said shakily.

"I've told you before, it's fine."

"I-it's not fair to you, though."

"Maybe, maybe not. Chester, I wouldn't care if you did this everyday. Please tell me what caused this."

"Idiots at school and other things. W-when I was y-younger something h-happened. I tried to t-tell Brian, but he didn't believe me. He....he called me a f-fag and said I wanted i-it."

I pulled Chester closer to me and kissed the top of his head. Chester hasn't directly told me what happened but, I put the pieces together and figured it out. He sat in my lap, staring at nothing. I decided he needed some good news.

"Hey, Chaz?"

"Hmmm?"

"My mom's coming back this weekend."

"Really?" His face light up a bit.

"Yeah she'll be here for a few weeks."

"Yay. Your mom seems so cool." Chester smiled. It didn't take much to make him happy.

Chester's POV
Mike had gotten up to take a call and left me all alone on the recliner. I couldn't get over this feeling that I bother Mike when I have my 'episodes'. While Mike was gone I went and grabbed my coke. I really needed some right now. I overheard Mike's conversation.

"You can't give up on the band.......So what if I'm not there at the moment?........I'll be back after high school.........Yes I'm leaving this place as soon as I graduate.......I never wanted to be here in the first place, I wish I could move back now." I stopped listening.

Mike hated being here? But I was here. Would he stay for me? He said he wanted to move back now. I was probably reading too much into this but, if he didn't move here we would've never met. Was I part of the reason he hated being here? I know I probably come off as really needy. Does he get annoyed by me? I didn't want to think about it anymore. It was probably my fault anyways. I started thinking about the first part of the conversation. Mike had a band? I've always wanted to be in a band but, nobody likes me. Maybe I could show him my lyrics. It would be cool to be in a band with him. What if they weren't looking for a new member? What if I wasn't good enough?

"Mike, are you in a band?" I asked hopefully.

"Was. My friends decided to give up cause I'm not there."

"Oh."

"Why?"

"I have some lyrics written down. It's nothing though."

"Can you sing me something?"

"O-okay. Graffiti decorations under a sky of dust a constant wave of tension on top of broken trust the lessons that you taught me I learn were never true now I find myself in question guilty by association."

"That was really good. I might have some partial songs that would go with that."

"Really?" I asked excited.

"Yeah. Maybe if we can get to California I could get you into the band."

He was serious about moving to California. I wanted to be in his band, but I've never been outside of Arizona. It was a while off though. I have a bad habit of worrying things a long way into the future. I was going to be okay, though. I had Mike. Mike would keep me safe. I've never felt safer than when I'm in his arms.

Mike POV
I woke up to something hitting my chest. I heard what sounded like Chester's voice. Everything stopped and I rolled over to go back to bed. Chester started whimpering.

"No. Please. Stop. No! Get away from me!" Chester started turning and twisting violently.

"Chester. Calm down, baby. You're safe now." I pulled him closer to me.

"Don't. No! Please!" He cried out desperately. I started shaking him awake.

"Come on, Chester. Wake up." He opened his eyes then pushed me away before realizing it was me.

"S-sorry for w-waking you." He leaned closer to me.

"I'll wake up every night if it meant you felt safe."

"Thanks, Mikey."

"If I didn't like you I'd kick you out of the bed." I started lightly pushing him away with my foot. He giggled then nuzzeld against me and had a peaceful rest of the night.

Sorry for the trashy ending. Check out my other story  Into The Fire  if you haven't already. Goodnight or morning or afternoon depending on when you read this.