Chapter 18

Chester POV
I felt awful. Mike had really been excited for his friends coming and I feel like I'm ruining it for him. He really wanted me to meet his friends as well. I sighed feeling guilty. Mike's reaction to me not wanting to go downstairs didn't help my mood either. I slowly went down each step of the staircase, hoping to not bring more attention to myself than I had to.

"Chester!" Mike ran over and hugged me. I blushed hard as I realized everyone was now staring at me. "This is my boyfriend, Chester." He announced then kissed my cheek.

"I thought his name was George and you just randomly like to yell the word Chester." The red head laughed.

"Fuck you, Dave." Mike smiled.

I sat down on the edge of the couch next to Mike. I tried my hardest to get into a tight ball and disappear into the couch. This was too much. I was wrong. I couldn't do this. They wouldn't stop asking me questions. I tugged on Mike's sleeve discreetly. He looked down at me then put his arm around my shoulders. I leaned my head against him and closed my eyes, smiling. All I needed was Mike.

"Chester.......Chester.....Chester."

"Hmm?" I groaned and nuzzeld my head against Mike's chest.

"Wake up, you fell asleep." He kissed the top of my head.

"Oh, oops." I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

I heard Rob snicker lightly. He was laughing at me. I blushed and felt the need to hid my face in Mike's neck. I did exactly that and kissed Mike's neck lightly. He moved away. Why did he move away from me? My anxiety spiked as I realized I no longer had Mike to hold onto. My breathing quickened and my heart started pounding. I excused myself to the bathroom. I locked the door and started crying, from feeling overwhelmed.

"They're just people. Stop being such a bitch and talk to them." I thought to myself.

I couldn't talk to them. I just couldn't. My anxiety wouldn't let me. It wasn't my fault. Maybe it was. That would make more sense. I sighed knowing this was my fault.

"Chester." Mike said softly. I unlocked the door and hugged him. "Were you crying?"

"A little. I'm just overwhelmed. I'll be fine." I went to hug him again but, he pushed me back.

"Overwhelmed by four people?"

"Y-yeah." Mike rolled his eyes at me. I hated when he did that.

"Are you going to hide in here or come back into the living room?" He asked in a mocking tone. I wanted to cry. Why was he being so mean?

"Asshole." I muttered under my breath and walked back into the living room.

The rest of the night was terrible. Mike wouldn't let me cuddle with him. I felt so close to breaking down. I was scared. It was stupid, right? Being scared by four people who are friends with my boyfriend. I'm overreacting. Mike said so. It had to be true. Mike's never lied to me. I wanted nothing more than to have him hold me. Like earlier. He was being so nice earlier. Why couldn't he still just act like that? I decided to go to bed early. Mike came in hours later.

"Will you hold me now?" I asked innocently.

"Sorry I don't want you clinging on me all the time." He said as he got undressed.

"I just wanted some type of comfort. You make me feel safe."

"You were always safe. No one's coming after you, no one here wants to hurt you. You're 17 you shouldn't have to cling onto me for safety."

"You can sleep by yourself." I huffed and started walking out of the room.

"Good. Maybe I'll finally be able to sleep a full night."

I walked into Ms.Shinoda's office and laid down on the couch in there. I broke down. Why was Mike being such a dick to me? He said he understood why I did certain things. I couldn't stop crying. I wasn't sure how Mike felt about me anymore. Maybe he's grown tired of dealing with me.

Brief Mike POV
I laid down and pulled the covers up to my chin. I was happy I could actually sleep tonight. As opposed to Chester waking me up every night. He was overreacting. He knows he's safe with me yet, he still 'needs' to attach himself to me. I surprisingly fell asleep quickly.

"Mike, wake up!" Rob said panicked.

"What? Why?" I sat up.

"Somethings wrong with Chester."

I got up and Rob showed me where Chester was sleeping. He was having another nightmare. I pulled him into my lap and tried waking him. It took awhile but, he eventually looked at me, before sobbing. He buried his face into my neck. After he got done crying I went back to bed. He did this to himself. He made the decision to sleep alone.

Chester POV
My nightmare was horrible. Mike and I were walking in a park holding hands. We were laughing and smiling. Then he stopped walking and let go of my hand. I tried talking to him but, he just started into the distance. Out of nowhere, Mike pushed me to the ground and started beating me, telling me he hated me. All I could tell him was I loved him. Brian and Shane started walking up to us. Mike stopped attacking me and started walking away. I cried out for him. Begging him not to leave me with them. He just kept walking.

I was relieved to wake up to Mike holding me. But then he left. He didn't care. He was going to leave me. Maybe I should leave. I could live with Rj. He always said if I needed to I could. I laid against the arm of the couch, feeling my heart rip apart.

Who do you think is in the wrong? Or are they both in the wrong?