Chapter 14

Chester's POV
I've been sick for a week so far. Mike has to go to school so, I'm alone a lot. I don't like being alone. The school set it up so Mike would bring me work home for me but, Mike did it all for me. I spent all day writhing in pain and waiting for Mike to get home. I felt better when Mike was here. My paranoia was getting worse. I was constantly worried Shane would somehow find me. It was a scary thought. I was horribly hungry. I didn't want to eat however, I was just going to throw it all up. I've been lying to Mike saying I eat while he's gone. I haven't eaten in days. The front door opened and my first reaction was to jump. Mike came in moments later.

"You eat?"

"Yeah." I lied.

"I know you're lying." He smiled.

"I don't want to." I whined rolling over.

"Well, you have too."

"Only if you carry me." I smiled.

To my surprise, Mike actually picked me up and started carrying me. I knew I didn't weigh much but, damn. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he cradled me. I kissed his neck and he literally dropped me on the couch. I laughed and Mike kissed my forehead. He came back a little later with what looked like soup.

"What is it?"

"Tomato soup." He said eating a spoonful of his bowl.

"I don't wanna." I groaned.

"Chester, you have to eat."

"I'll throw up anyways." I glared at him.

"No, you won't. It's only soup. If you do I'm taking you to the doctors."

"How about niether?"

"Eat." He said obviously not wanting to argue anymore.

I picked up the spoon and eat a small spoonful. I smiled, remembering my mom always made tomato soup or chicken broth if Brian or I was sick. I ate about half of the bowl before I started getting stomach cramps.

"Thank you." Mike said as he took the bowls into the kitchen.

I groaned as I rolled onto my side. My stomach hurt so much. I regretted eating, like I knew I would. Fucking Mike. I rolled onto my other side trying to get some type of relief. As soon as, Mike came in I threw up all over the table.

Mike POV
I came in the living room to see Chester sick again. Him not being able to eat anything was scaring me. Chester laid back on the couch looking miserable as I cleaned up.

"I'm taking you to the doctors." I said.

"Mikey, no. I don't need to."

"You obviously do."

"So, I should just listen to you. Last time I did that turned out great." Chester rolled his eyes.

"Fine. Take care of yourself. You've been doing such a great job on your own." I snapped.

I huffed and walked to the den. I got on the phone with Dr.Reed and scheduled an appointment for Chester. After telling him how bad Chester was he gave me a spot later today. I played video games till an hour before Chester's appointment.

"You have to get ready."

"Why? My stomach hurts." He groaned.

"I got you a doctor's appointment."

He sighed loudly and got up. He walked by me and I pulled him into hug. I eventually let him go and he took a shower and got dressed. He looked less miserable now, if that counts for anything. It didn't take long to see Dr.Reed.

"Hello, I'm Dr.Reed. You must be Chester," Dr.Reed shook his hand. "What seems to be the problem?"

"Nothing much." Chester shrugged.

"He can't keep anything down." I interjected.

"That doesn't seem like 'nothing much' Chester. Any clue why?"

"I uhm. Umm I. I uh." Chester tried speaking but, failed miserably.

"Drug withdrawal." I answered for him.

"Oh. There's no reason to schedule an appointment then, silly. Just get the food extra light. Start out with chicken broth then go with something thicker. If you can't keep that down that means you ate too much at one time. However, I would like to do a simple check up."

The doctor did everything he needed and told Chester he was underweight. Which I don't think that shocked anybody. Chester also had to get a few shots which, he was not happy about.

"You want some ice cream?" I asked pulling into a McDonald's drive-thru.

"No." I bought myself a cone and drove off. "Can I have a bite?"

"I literally just asked if you wanted one." I laughed.

"I said no cause I knew I'd only have one bite." Chester smiled.

I handed him my cone and he ate a little before handing it back. Nothing much happened later that night. Chester seemed to be doing better. Hopefully, all of this was finally blowing over.

Sorry this was short but I have something big planned for the next chapter. Byeeeeeeeeee.