Welcome to Spectrum Book Club

Hey everyone!

Welcome to The Spectrum Book Club. Before we get into detail, allow us to firstly explain what we do here.

Wattpad is a huge platform, we all know that, and sometimes our voices can get lost in the crowd. The Spectrum Book Club aims to end that confusion. We see the need for undiscovered writers to band together and build a fresh community where they can help each other out. We build each other's writing ability by hosting games and exchanging critiques. We acknowledge talent by organizing our own annual awards. We foster friendships and communication by running our own group chat.  We are The Spectrum Book Club.

Now let's touch on specifics:

Building Comradery 

The Spectrum Book Club encourages an inspiring and helpful community that you won't find any where else. We're rooting for you 100% and are quick to assist. We also welcome every genre and cater to your specific interests. We want every participant to be comfortable. Not to mention you'll be able to connect and interact with other writers in the club via our group chat and/or participate in our wide range of weekly games!

The Spectrum Book Club also loves to highlight talent so we host our very own annual Spectrum Awards. In this, we highlight our community's best works and give the winners special prizes!

Enhancing your Writing

We've mentioned our weekly games before but don't mistake them for mere fun. They help you as a writer to expand your craft and tackle new issues, not to mention the prizes that you get for winning are enough to make you sit at that keyboard all night! Games are completely optional though, the real kicker is our consistent exchange of critiques! We, by first hand, know how much feedback tends to encourage writers especially since it usually comes with votes and reads. And this community is more than willing to help!   

The Spectrum Book Club has two unique systems that are designed with every single member in mind. Based on the schedules of our members, we alternate these two systems.

These being "The Pairing System" and "The Circle System". To get in depth details about each, read our following chapters entitled "The Pairing System 101" and "The Circle System 101".

Rules:

To help make this book club productive, we always remind our members of the following rules:

1- Be nice!

Being rude and critical are two different things. If you're willing to help out your partner, give constructive criticism. Be polite and criticize with encouraging words.

2- Language:

All entries should be in English.

3- Votes:

Remember, this book club is made to encourage every undiscovered writer. And even if we don't want to admit it, that little star does make our day. It only takes two seconds to let your partner that you appreciate their efforts.
*Note: Voting is not required but is encouraged.

4- Giving a review is necessary:

Share your opinions about a fellow member's is vital. Give her/him some tips and advice to improve their writing skills, help each other out!

5- Task:

The assignment given to you should be complete in time. If there's anything stopping you from completing it (studies, traveling, problem with the partner...), please send a message on spectrumbookclub or to one of the admins. Once you're done with the assignment, please let us know.

6- Three strikes:

So, just like in baseball, three strikes and you're out. If you fail to do your assignments three times (without letting us know beforehand), you will be removed from this book club.

7- Follow and add this book to your library:

In order to keep updated when the new pairs launch, add this book to your library. Also, we send out helpful, notifications and reminders frequently so to get those, be sure to follow us!

Interested enough? Then what are you waiting for? Come and join us.

You can find the application form in the chapter entitled "Cycle Four". So be sure to fill it out over there! In the following chapters, we highlight "The Pairing System" and "The Circle Systems" so keep reading to hear about those!

Also, Before applying, please try to follow this account and at least one of the admin's accounts. (Co-owners: ohheyitsyasmine, YourFavouriteAuthor and classicoverthinker).

*If you've made it this far, put your favorite song in the 'Anything else' section of your application. You will be denied if you fail to do it.