The Circle System 101

In use: [No]

Hey, members I'm YourFavouriteAuthor and I'll be your guide for all things Circle. In this chapter, we will reveal everything that takes place in The Circle System. This includes in depth details of games, members and communication.

However if you would like to skip this and sign up right now, feel free to fill out our application form in our chapter entitled "Cycle Four". Now let's get into things!

What are Circles?

The Circles are three groups that every member of the Spectrum Book Club will be placed in. These groups are based on preference and genre and are each led by one of our own administrators. Every two weeks, each admin will select a book from their respective Circle. Each member of that Circle will have to read five (5) chapters of said book and leave a fully detailed review.

We currently have three Circles:

High on Love (Romance)

We Don't Exist (General Fiction)

Beyond Your Imagination (General Fantasy)

Games

We understand that 2 weeks is a long time and some of you may have some spare time on your hands, so we made some interesting games to boost our productivity!

A) Battle of the Circles- This is personally my favorite. In this week and a half long game, we will launch a prompt. Each Circle can only raise ONE (1) member to write on this prompt. The winning representative will have the option to choose one of three prizes for their team.

The first prize is titled Admin's Hand. This permits the winning Circle to decide what books the other Circles will have to read on their next assignment. The second prize, Admin's Hand Reversed, grants the winning team the ability to select the book they themselves want to read on their upcoming assignment. And the last prize, Pen Wielder allows the winning team to write the prompt for the next Battle of the Circles competition.

B) Writing Champion- In this week long game we will launch a theme. For example, Justice, Vengeance, The Supernatural etc. Every member will be able to write on this theme. At the end of the week, the member with the best entry will be declared as the winner. For their prize they will be allowed to choose one admin to read three (3) chapters of their book and leave a review.

Just in case you were wondering here's what you're in for:

ohheyitsyasmine (Bee) -- Analytical, detailed

YourFavouriteAuthor (Matt) -- invested, detailed, polished

classicoverthinker (Rolii) -- hard-core, blunt, not easy to please

C) Rapid Reviews - This game will last for the entire duration of The Circle Systems, in other words until we start The Pairing System again. Every time an assignment is announced, the first Circle to finish reviewing gets a point. Of course, with each update we'll show you the point standings. Then, at the end of The Circle System duration, the Circle with the most points will be awarded a profile sash for each member's profile icon. Then the next time we do The Circle System, the points will refresh.

We hope you're excited to participate in these games! Leave an in line comment and tell us your favorites!

Communication

Kik is a huge part of our communication here at The Spectrum Book Club and that's why we're implementing the Circle group chats! That's right, along with the Spectrum Book Club group chat, we will also be hosting Circle group chats our where only the respected members of that Circle can join! If you would like to join, give your kik name to your Circle leader, they will promptly add you to your Circle group chat!

In the Circle group chats, you'll be able to talk with fellow Circle members, coordinate your Circle competitions, plot against the other Circles and more!

Have any questions? Feel free to pm us!

Our inbox is always open!