Prologue

word count; 614

Six years later

__________

Six year old, Delilah Lancaster, stumbled tiredly into the living room of her apartment early one morning. She rubbed her eyes, and glanced upwards. Delilah watched as her mother stared out the window, watching the rain fall, and bounce off the glass.

Delilah padded over to where her mother was, and tugged softly on her shirt. Corrine glanced down to find her daughter staring back at her with big blue eyes. Her brown hair was messy, and all over the place. Corrine smiled, and bent down to pick her up. "And what are you doing up so early?" Corrine asked, nudging her daughter's nose with hers.

"The rain woke me up mummy." Delilah said, tiredly, and rested her head on her mother's shoulder.

"It did?" Delilah giggled.

"Silly mummy." Corrine smiled. "Mummy?" Delilah asked, lifted her head.

"Yeah baby?" Corrine asked. She moved to where the couch was, sitting down on it.

"Do you miss him?" Corrine pursed her lips.

"Of course I miss him." she replied.

"Do you think about him?"

"Yes." that was true. Corrine thought about Luke a lot. Management had gotten to be too much for the both of them, so they decided it was better if they parted. Luke still kept in touch, sending a letter ever so often, telling her about his travels.

However, about two months after splitting up, Corrine found out she was pregnant with Luke's child. Because Luke was always moving around with the boys, it made it hard for her to keep in touch. The only people who knew about the pregnancy was her family, and the exception of Mali and Lauren. Corrine made the girls swear they wouldn't tell the boys. While she wanted to let Luke know, she didn't want him to have to choose between his career and his daughter.

For the past six years, It had just been the two of them. Corrine decided on calling her Delilah because of what Luke told her back in their senior year of high school. If he ever had a daughter, he would call her Delilah. That, and she had the bluest eyes she'd ever seen, instantly reminding her of Luke.

Because Liz was her grandmother, she allowed her to pick a middle name. She chose Elizabeth, and the two couldn't help but laugh at it.

Growing up, Corrine hid nothing from her daughter. She told her who her father was. She didn't want her growing up and thinking her father abandoned her. Delilah seemed confused and upset, but she was a bright little girl, and soon accepted it. Every now and then, Corrine would find her listening to one of his CD's in her bedroom, singing along to the songs. Corrine would only smile.

"Mummy?" Delilah said, breaking her from her trance.

"Yes?"

"How's your book?" Delilah asked.

"It's going good." Corrine said. As Luke achieved his dreams, Corrine achieved hers, becoming a successful author. She wrote all kinds of books, not limiting herself to any specific genre. Delilah always took an interest in her mother's works. Corrine would read to her some of the books she wrote, because they seemed appropriate enough for a six year old. But occasionally, Corrine would find herself reading her daughter Romeo & Juliet, just like when she was eight years old. Delilah yawned. "Tired?" Corrine asked. She nodded.

"Alright then, back to bed." Corrine laughed. She picked up her sleepy girl, and carried her back to her bed. She tucked her in, and kissed her forehead. "I love you." Corrine said.

"I love you too mummy." she heard her whisper. Corrine smiled, and then exited her daughter's room, closing the door behind her.