twenty

Corrine smiled from her spot in the kitchen. Lilah sat opposite from her, her laptop in front of her, Luke on the other end of the skype call. Lilah had warmed up a little, and had gotten used to Luke being on tour. Lilah had a notepad opened up next to her, a pen in her hand. Every time Luke traveled to a new place, he would tell Lilah all about it, and she'd right it down. She planned on showing it to the class for show and tell one day. "Where are you now daddy?" she asked, propping her chin up under her hand.

"We're in Rome right now." he said. "It's beautiful here." Lilah smiled, and wrote down Rome on the blank page.

"Where are you guys going next?"

"Paris." Lilah pouted.

"No fair! I've always wanted to go there." Corrine could hear Luke laughing.

"One day sweetheart. The boys and I will take you there one day."

"Really?!"

"You bet." Luke said. "I gotta run kiddo, but I'll try and call you later tonight if you're still awake."

"Can you get Matt to videotape some of the concert like last time?" she asked.

"Yeah. I love you baby."

"Love you too daddy. Don't forget mom." Lilah turned the computer around so that Luke could see Corrine.

"Love you." he grinned.

"I love you too." Corrine said. "Now, go. Have fun. Make us proud."

"Bye guys!" Luke ended the skype call. Lilah began flipping through her notebook.

"How many places have you got?" she asked.

"I have six, I think." she said. "I have Moscow, Berlin, Vienna, Budapest, Barcelona, Dublin, Edinburgh, and Rome. Nope, I have eight." Lilah said. "Paris will make nine, and didn't Ashton say they were going to England?"

"Yes he did."

"Then I'll have ten places." Lilah smiled. "That's so cool. They get to go to all these places." Corrine laughed.

"It is pretty cool." she agreed.

"Mom, I have question."

"And? What's your question."

"You, Dad, Lauren, well basically everyone in our family other than Hannah has an accent, other than me."

"Okay, where are you going with this."

"Where were you born?" Lilah asked.

"I was born in Albury, Australia. But when I was two, my parents moved us to Melbourne, and then to Perth." Corrine explained.

"Same for uncle Owen?" she asked.

"No, Owen was born in Sydney, lived there for eight years, and then we adopted him, and he came to live with us in Perth."

"And dad?"

"Luke lives in Perth his whole life. As have the boys."

"So you guys are from Australia?"

"Yep."

"Cool!" Corrine laughed.

"I guess so."

Delilah stood in front of her class the following Monday morning, her notebook clutched in her hand. "Delilah, honey. What are you presenting for show and tell today?" he teacher, Mrs. Callibry asked.

"Well, there's not much to show," she began. "But in my notebook is eight places my dad has traveled to."

"What does you father do?"