fourteen

Corrine sat, propped up on her knees, on her bed staring out the window. Her elbows rested on the windowsill, she breathed in the fresh air. The sky was dark, a clear indicator that it was going to rain. She sighed, and rested her head on her arms. She had a meeting with Margret in two days to go over her book. She had gotten some work done on it, but with Luke being back, her deadline was pushed farther and farther away.

Luke stepped out of the bathroom in just his jeans, his dirty blonde hair still damp from the showers. He tossed the dirty towel in the laundry hamper, and made his way over to Corrine. He knelt down behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist, and leaning his head on her shoulder. She laughed. "What's so funny?" he asks tiredly.

"Your hair tickles." she said, twisting her body to face him. He grinned up at her. Corrine twisted all the way around so that their faces were inches apart. Resting her forehead against his, she breathed in again, noting how Luke smelled a lot like oranges. Luke craned his neck up, capturing her in a kiss. Corrine wrapped her arms around Luke's neck, tangling her fingers in his damp hair. Corrine tugged at his hair, forcing Luke to suppress his moan. He dug his fingers into her hips, pulling her closer to him, if that was even possible. Corrine pulled out of the kiss, and smiled down at him. "I forgot how good you are at that." she breathed out, laughing silently. Luke shrugged.

"It's a gift." he smirked. Corrine shook her head playfully, and buried her face in the crook of his neck. Her lips hovered over his shoulder, causing goosebumps to appear on his skin. Corrine was making Luke hot and bothered all at once. She pressed her lips to the base of his neck, kissing upwards, and then going back down, teasing him. Luke bit his lip. "Corrine, don't." he whispered, his voice serious. Corrine looked up at him.

"What's wrong?" she asked with a frown. Luke smiled at her.

"You. You're intoxicating, Love." Corrine hit his chest playfully.

"You're just as I remembered." she whispered, kissing his neck again. She trailed up his neck, stopping at his ear. "Extremely frisky and eager." she said, biting his earlobe gently. Luke breathed out slowly, chuckling to himself.

"And you're just as I remembered you." he said.

"How so?" she asked. He flipped her so that she was lying on her back, and he was on top. Luke pressed a single kiss to the base of her neck, and trailed his hand up her thigh in a teasing manor.

"So many damn paper cuts."

Sunlight filtered in the room, shining down across the floor. Luke stirred in his sleep, slowly opening his eyes. Corrine was still asleep, snuggled into his chest. Her hair was messy and her lips were slightly swollen from last night. Luke smiled, and leaned down, kissing her forehead.

Carefully, he slipped out of bed, pulling on his jeans, and walked out into the kitchen. Delilah was seat at the counter, a glass of orange juice next to her, and in her hand a muffin. Luke leaned over and kissed her forehead. "Morning Lilah." he said.

"Morning Daddy." she replied. She looked up at him with big eyes.

"How did you sleep?" he asked her.

"Good." she replied. Luke sighed internally. He was glad that she didn't hear them last night.

Luke sat with Delilah, both of them eating in silence. Corrine walked into the kitchen wearing nothing but spandex shorts, and one of Luke's flannels. Luke mentally cursed himself for it. She looked hot in his clothing. He bit his bottom lip. Delilah hopped off her chair, grabbing her muffin.

"Morning baby." Corrine said, ruffing her daughter's hair.

"Morning Mommy." she said.

"You going to get ready for school?" Corrine asked her. She nodded.

"Oh, by the way Mommy," Delilah began. "You and Daddy were really loud last night." she said, and walked off. Corrine's eyes went wide before she laughed. Luke just stared off in the direction where Lilah went before walking over to Corrine. He pulled her into a hug, laughing along with her.

"Oh my god." she laughed. Luke only shook his head, burying his face in Corrine neck.

"Lord." he whispered. Corrine wrapped her arms around Luke's neck, welcoming the hug. She didn't let go for a long time, and Luke wasn't complaining. He loved hugging her. "God, do you remember when we couldn't get along?" he asked her. Corrine nodded.

"And look at us now." she replied. "Dating, and we have a kid."

"Wow." Luke pulled out, and pushed a stay lock of hair behind her ear.

"Are you staying, or . . .?"

"I can't." Luke said, sadly. "I have recording, and then an interview. But I'll be home later."

"Alright." Corrine frowned.

"Hey, look at me." Luke said. He lifted her chin so that she was looking into his eyes. "I love you, okay. No matter what. And I will always come back."

"You made that promise once before Luke." she reminded him.

"And I plan on keeping it this time. Don't you ever forget that. I'll be back for dinner, alright?"

"Okay."

"I love you." he said. "I never stopped loving you."

"Neither did I." Delilah came back out into the kitchen.

"I'm ready Mom." she said. Delilah wore black leggings, a plain white tee shirt, and around her head was a black bandanna. Corrine laughed. "What?"

"You're supporting an Ashton look today." she smiled.

"I know."

"What about me?" Luke pouted at his daughter. Delilah giggled.

"Don't worry Daddy. When I'm old enough, I'll get a lip piercing. Then we can twin." Luke smiled.

"Is that a promise?" he said. Delilah nodded.

"Yep."

"Alright. Get a move on kiddo." he said.

"Will I see you later tonight?"

"Yes you will."

"Okay." She reached her arms out. Luke picked her up, and rested her on his hip. "I love you." she mumbled, wrapping her arms around him.

"I love you too baby." he said.

"Come on Lilah. We don't want to be late." Corrine said. Lilah nodded. Luke set her down, and watched the both of them leave the apartment. He loved them so much, and he never wanted to loose them.

-------------------------

oh my gawd, I updated! be proud of me guys!