eleven

word count; 1596

ELEVEN

__________

"Alright Luke, try that again." Ellie, their recording manager said into the microphone.

"Okay." Luke called.

"Cause I've got a jet black heart

And there's a hurricane underneath it

Trying to keep us apart

I write with a poison pen

But these chemicals moving between us

Are the reason to start again"

"That's great boys, that's a wrap for the day." Luke, Calum, Michael, and Ashton made their way out of the recording booth. Ashton stretched his arms.

"I hurt." he groaned. "Sitting all day is tiring."

"At least you get to sit." Calum whined, flopping down on the couch. Michael laughed at him.

"You guys are weak." he sat, sitting down. Luke shook his head at his friends.

"I'll see you guys later." he said.

"Where you going?" Michael asked him.

"Yeah, where are you going?" Matt said. Luke spun around. "You've been leaving a lot more lately. What's going on?"

"I'm having dinner at my mum's." Luke said. He'd been lying to Matt a lot lately, but this wasn't a lie. He was having dinner at his mum's. The only difference? Delilah and Corrine would be there too.

"Alright, have fun then. Tell her I said hi."

"I will. See ya!" Luke exited the studio, and hailed a cab. He gave the driver the address, and leaned back into the seat.

Delilah ran and gave Liz a big hug as soon as they arrived. "GRANDMA!"

"Hello dear." Liz smiled, picking the girl up. "How are you?"

"Good." Lilah laughed. "Guess what Gran." she said.

"What?"

"I got to meet my dad!" Liz smiled.

"I heard. And? What do you think?"

"I like him." Lilah said.

"That's good." Liz set her down on the floor, and hugged Corrine. "I see she's taken a liking to Luke."

"Yeah. He still thinks he doesn't deserve her, but Delilah loves him so . . ."

"And what about you?" Liz asked.

"What do you mean?" Corrine asked.

"How are you? Having him back and all?"

"It's weird having him around. Even stranger that we're not together. But we're making it work. He tries his hardest to come and see her everyday, and he gets so upset when he can't visit."

"Have the boys met her?"

"Yep. Ashton got so excited when he found out Lilah wanted to learn drums."

"Sounds like Ashton."

"They all love her. Which is great. But there's still one thing we're worried about."

"Mummy, can I watch T.V?" Lilah suddenly asked.

"Yeah, go ahead." Lilah ran off. Liz motioned for her to follow her into the kitchen. The two took a seat at the table.