twelve

word count; 1104

TWELVE
__________

Corrine rolled over in her sleep, inhaling slowly. She opened her eyes, and lifted her head. Luke was still fast asleep, next to her, his one arm draped awkwardly around her waist. Corrine leaned back into Luke's chest, closing her eyes again. She felt Luke's grip tighten around her. Luke pressed his lips against her shoulder blade. "Morning." he whispered. Corrine smiled.

"Morning." she replied. She turned onto her side, facing him. She rested her head against his chest, tracing patterns onto his stomach.

"What happened last night?" Luke asked, tiredly.

"Well, we didn't have sex. That much I do know. But we did kiss." she laughed quietly. Luke laughed too. "Luke?" Corrine asked. She looked up into his eyes.

"Yeah?" he asked.

"What does this make us?" Luke thought for a moment. He looked down at her.

"I don't know." he replied. "I honestly don't know."

"We should probably figure that out before Lilah gets home." she smiled. "Or else she's going to be confused."

"Yeah." he laughed.

"Want coffee?" Corrine asked him, sitting up.

"What happened to tea?" Luke asked. Corrine gave him a funny look. "You thought I forgot didn't you?" he said.

"Well, I-"

"I know you too well Corrine Lancaster." Luke said, kissing her.

Corrine climbed out of bed, grabbing some clothing, and heading to the bathroom. Luke frowned. "What?" she asked.

"Come on Cory. There's nothing I haven't seen before, remember?" Luke said with a wink. Corrine laughed, and walked into the bathroom. She came out moments later wearing jeans shorts, a grey tank top, and a long black cardigan. Luke smiled. "You look nice." he said. Corrine blushed.

"Thanks." she mumbled, walking out of the room. Luke got up and dressed before following her out of the room and into the kitchen. He watched as she bustled around the decent sized space, putting water in the kettle.

"It's just like old times." Luke said, sitting at the counter. Corrine glanced over at him as she grabbed the tea from the cupboard.

"What do you mean?"

"All those years ago. When I first came back from tour. We'd lounge around the apartment when you weren't in University or studying. We'd curl up and watch some cheesy movie like Finding Nemo."

"Finding Nemo is a damn good movie Luke and you know it." Corrine teased. "And yes, I remember those days."

"Do you ever miss them?"

"I do. But it wasn't so painful for me." she said.

"Why not?"

"Because I always had Lilah to cuddle with when I was upset, or I just wanted to cuddle. We'd always watch the lion king when she was younger. Until she stumbled upon Mean Girls." she laughed. "Having Lilah was like having a much younger version of you running around the house. Only, she was less crazy."

"Yeah, she definitely gets the quietness from you." Luke said. "But damn, does she ever have sass. Michael really likes her. Do you know what he said to me the other day in recording?"

"What did he say."

"He said, 'I can't wait until we can dye her hair.' and then he smiled mischievously."

"As long as it isn't yellow or green, and Lilah is completely okay with it, I don't see the problem in her dyeing her hair." Corrine said. Luke's eyes widened.

"You're okay with her dying her hair?" he asked, surprised.

"Yeah. It's a way of showing off her personality, and being unique. But I won't let her dye her hair green or yellow." Corrine shuddered. "Never."

"But I like her hair." Luke whined.

"I'm not saying she has to dye her hair, but if she wanted to, she has my permission."

"I don't even want to think about it. I want her to stay young forever. She's not allowed to wear makeup or go on dates without one of the boys there." Luke rambled. Corrine laughed. "What?"

"One, she's only six. Let's take it a year at a time, and second, you're the one rambling now." Corrine smiled. Luke shook his head.

"I get that from you." Corrine nodded.

"That you do." she replied.  "But don't worry. You'll make a great dad." Luke looked up at her.

"You think so?"

"Yeah, I do. Although to be honest, I was not expecting us to have the first kid in the group." Corrine said.

"Who did you think?" Luke asked.

"Who did you think was going to have a kid first?"

"To be honest, I though it would Michael." Corrine laughed.

"Mikey? You thought that Mikey would have the first kid." she said.

"Yeah. Who did you think?"

"I though it would be Calum." Corrine said.

"Cal?"

"Yes Cal. He's good with children so, you know." Corrine said.

"Yeah, I know. But looks like we were both wrong." Luke said.

"Yep, but I wouldn't give Lilah up for anything in the whole wide world."

"Neither would I." Luke replied. Corrine smiled at him.

"I know you wouldn't."

Delilah Lancaster let herself into the apartment later the afternoon. Liz had dropped her off, leaving her to make her way home by herself. She had a key and everything. Upon opening the door, and found Luke stretched out on the couch, with her mother. The two were laughing. Delilah closed the door, and smirked. She walked over to the couch and stood in front of them. "What do we have here." she laughed. Corrine and Luke glanced up at her.

"Hey baby girl." Corrine smiled. "How are you?"

"I'm good." Lilah said. "So, care to explain?" she said motioning to the two adults. Luke looked to Corrine.

"Do you wanna tell her or what?" he asked quietly.

"Tell me what?" Lilah asked, curiously. Corrine looked up at her daughter.

"Well, Luke and I were talking and..." Corrine turned to Luke, who smiled.

"We're thinking about getting back together." Luke said, finishing the sentence. Delilah smiled widely.

"REALLY?!" she asked. Luke nodded. Lilah climbed on top of the two, hugging them both the best she could. Corrine and Luke laughed.

"You're okay with this?" Luke asked Lilah. The younger girl nodded.

"Yes! I get my mum, and I get my dad." she smiled. Luke grinned, kissing her forehead.

"We're such a dysfunctional family." Luke laughed.

"Yeah, but who cares?" Corrine replied. "I have my two favourite people in the entire world right here with me."

"Love you mummy." Delilah giggled. "Love you Luke."

"Aw, I love you too Lilah." Luke said. "I love both of you." He added with a smile towards Corrine.

"I love you too Luke." she replied.