six

word count; 1456

SIX

__________

"And she's your daughter."

Luke's eyes widened as the words left Lauren's mouth. He looked over to where Hannah and Delilah had just left, and made a pointing motion. Lauren rolled her eyes. His mouth fell open. Ashton, Calum, and Michael looked to one another, and then at Luke. "S-She's mine?!" Luke questioned. Owen and Mali nodded. Luke ran his hand through his hair, and tugged at it. "But I- how, who?!" he said. Owen began to grow frustrated.

"Were you not listening!" he shouted. Luke flinched. "Her last name is Lancaster dumb ass! She's Corrine's!" Luke gawked at him. The boys looked away.

"No. That's not possible." Luke said, starting to pace. "She would have told me if I had a child."

"No she wouldn't Luke." Mali said. "When Corrine found out, she made us swear not to tell you. Any of you."

"But why?" Luke questioned. "Why wouldn't she tell me something as important as that!"

"Because she didn't want to make you choose!" Lauren yelled. "She knew how much your music meant to you, and she didn't want to make you choose between Delilah and your career."

"That's a stupid reason not to tell me I'm a father!" Luke yelled back.

"She also didn't want her growing up feeling abandoned, Luke." Mali said. Luke calmed for a second.

"What?"

"Corrine was afraid that if she told you, you would reject Delilah, and she didn't want her growing up with the feeling that she was a mistake and that her father never loved her. She wanted to tell you, trust us when I say that, she wanted Lilah to grow up with a dad, but she didn't want you to reject her!" Luke bit the inside of his cheek.

"I- why would she think that?" Luke mumbled silently. "I wouldn't."

"Don't tell us that Luke." Owen muttered. "Tell her that." Luke nodded.

"Does she still live in the same apartment?" Luke asked. Owen shook his head.

"No, she moved last summer." Owen grabbed a slip of paper, and scribbled down the address. "Here." he handed it to him. "Don't screw it up Luke." he warned. Luke nodded, taking the paper from him, and running from the apartment.

Corrine was seated at the kitchen counter when there was a knock on the door. She got up, and answered it. Hannah stood in the hallway with Delilah in her arms. "Hey." Hannah said. Delilah looked up at her mother, and that's when Corrine noticed the tears.

"Hey, baby, what's wrong?" Corrine said, taking her daughter from Hannah. Delilah just clung to her tightly. "Do you want to go watch a movie?" she asked. Lilah nodded. She set her down, and she ran into the apartment. She turned to Hannah. "What happened?"

"Well, Calum and Ashton dropped by." Hannah said.

"They're back?" Corrine asked.

"Yes. And Michael was there, as well as . . . Luke." Hannah said. Corrine bit her lip. "So um, Lauren was trying her hardest to make it seem like they were just friends and all, but as soon as she introduced Luke, she flipped. Ran out of the room." Corrine sighed.

"I figured that would happen." Corrine said.

"Yeah. Well, I should probably go. I'll see you eventually."