Eighteen

"WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU!" Matt shouted as soon as Luke walked into the room. Luke opened his mouth, but Matt cut him off. "YOU LEFT! You left Alyssa on her own, you were nowhere to be found, and then Lauren tells me you left on a personal matter! I told you that you were to be there, tonight was an important event. Nothing else mattered." Luke was getting angrier by the minute. "You better have a damn good excuse because I looked like an idiot tonight Luke. Is this the thanks I get for all these years of hard work? Huh? Is this the thanks I get!"

"It was important!" Luke shot back. Matt gave him a look.

"Tell me then Luke, what was so damn important that you just had to miss this?"

"My daughter." he snapped. His eyes widened, realizing that he let it slip. Lauren covered her mouth, and Michael face palmed.

"Your daughter?" Alyssa asked. "You don't have a kid Luke."

"Yes I do. I have a six year old girl named Delilah, and I only just found out about her when we showed up in New York. Her piano recital was tonight, and to be honest, it's so much more important to me than some damn Gala."

"Couldn't her mother have just gone?" Matt asked, crossing his arms.

"Corrine was there. But I promised my daughter that I would be there. I've missed out on so much of her life, and it's your fault in the first place!"

"My fault!"

"YES! If you hadn't have put me in that PDR Stunt with Taylor all those years ago, or forced so much upon me, I might have known that Corrine was pregnant with my kid! I'm trying to make up for all those years now. But with this PDR stunt and the Gala, and me getting back with Corrine, it's like you don't want me to be happy!"

"Wait, you got back with your ex?" Matt asked. He looked to Alyssa. "Could you give us a moment dear." he asked her. She nodded and left the room. "Let's retrace. You're ex girlfriend had a kid, and you only just found out?" Luke nodded. "And the two of you got back together?"

"Yes."

"Why didn't you tell me this Luke?!" Matt exclaimed.

"I didn't want you to file a restraining order against Corrine or file some lawsuit. I was trying to protect her. And I didn't really want my six year old living a life surrounded with camera's. You know what the press would do! It would make everything so much more stressful."

"You should have told me! I wouldn't have put you in this PDR stunt if I had of known! I wouldn't have forced you to go to the Gala. I need to know these things Luke, otherwise this happens." Luke sighed.

"I know, I just, didn't want you to say that I couldn't be a part of their lives." Luke said.

"I wouldn't do that Luke. They're your family." Matt said. He sighed, resting his hands on his hips. "I'm assuming you were with them just now." he said. Luke nodded. "Go be with them then. Celebrate. I'll see you all on Monday." Luke let out a breath of relief. Ashton smiled at him. Matt walked out of the room to have a chat with Alyssa and her management.

"At least he didn't kill you." Ashton said, once Matt had left the room.

"Thanks Ash."

"No problem mate."

Corrine sat down at the counter with Owen while Delilah preoccupied herself with a Disney movie. She ran a hand through her hair and sighed. "Where's Luke?" he asked, setting a cup of coffee in front of her.

"He's with the boys right now." she said, taking a sip.

"So he bailed?" Owen asked.

"What? No, he was there. He saw Lilah preform. I could have sworn he started crying," she said with a laugh. "But he skipped this Gala, and Matt called him when he found out. I just hope everything turns out okay."