Chp 1.

It was my first day at my new high school. I had just moved to Minnesota with my family and everything was a fresh clean slate. I'm not one who likes to draw attention to herself so I knew I would have to take this day with a grain of salt as I would be inevitably known as the new girl for a couple of weeks.

But before I could even get to the explore the place, I was swarmed by a group of interested girls and became immediately hesitant with their overly-attentive nature.

"Hey new girl, Nelson has got eyes for you" nudged Justine, one of the popular girls.

I turned around and hid behind my hair insecurely. I soon realised who she was motioning towards, he was short, black, and had a big afro. He was cute and innocent looking but by the way he was staring at me told me otherwise.

His eyes were dark and somewhat mischievous.

I had to look away as I found myself getting flustered. "Who is he ? and why would he be interested in me ?" I questioned nervously.

"His name is Prince, Prince Rogers Nelson" Cynthia cooed at me. "And beats me, you're just a skinny white girl..but then again, he normally goes for the helpless'" Justine giggled. "What do you mean !?" I exclaimed confusedly.

"Well, you're obviously a virgin mary.." Justine mocked, making the other girls laugh.

"You don't know a damn thing about me ! Leave me alone !" I shouted defensively before storming off, tears threatening to leave my eyes. I ran into the girls bathroom and locked myself in a stall.

They were right. But I didn't want to seen as a piece of meat that could be taken advantage of. It looks like I'll have to stay away from that Prince guy if I don't want to be played around with. According to the girls anyway. Who knows what his intentions are..

I slowly composed myself back together right as bell rang for class.

I exhaled and exited the bathroom, taking my time to get there as I knew that everybody was awaiting my sudden arrival. I walked in and scanned the room.

Crap. I quickly spotted Prince sitting at a desk near the back. He instantly took notice of my presence so I quickly avoided his sly gaze. "Class, we have a new student joining us today" called the teacher as she clapped her hands together to silence the room.

Damn it. I hated being in front of a crowd, it made me uneasily shy.

"So why don't you introduce yourself !?" The teacher added encouragingly. I forced a weak smile at her as I turned to face the class.

"My name is Alice, I'm seventeen and I'm originally from Michigan, Detroit" I uttered hastily due to my impending nerves.

I shortly made eye contact with him and a grin rose upon his face. My face was starting to heat up so I looked back at the teacher for approval.

"Well I'm sure you'll fit in just fine, you may go take a seat" She muttered nicely, directing me to the nearest seat up front.

I slumped down with a sigh of relief but soon found myself sitting up straight as I heard quiet whispers from behind me. It didn't help that I could also practically feel his suggestive eyes burning into the back of me.

That's when I silently prayed to myself for this day to end.
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
And that is the first chapter ! More arriving shortly !
This is also my first dive into writing Prince fanfiction so I appreciate any support that I receive considering I'm just as nervous as Alice at this point, haha.