Chp 15.

"Prince" I murmured against his lips. He continued to ignore me as he left hard lingering pecks. "Why don't you just come inside ?" I asked. "Trust me, baby..I'd love to" He eyed me cheekily. "C'mon seriously, my mother won't mind !" I urged.

We were currently standing outside in the cold winter night and had been kissing on my doorstep for minutes. I'm surprised my mother hadn't heard us yet. "But if I go in there you know I won't come back out again" He teased, causing me to lean into his chest with a shy smile.

"You can stay the night" I proposed to him. "Mm, and what shall I do when the lights go out ?" He wondered seductively. "Anything you want" I whispered in his ear with a smirk, his eyes going wide. "You're nastier than I thought.." He flirted. "Well I learned from the best" I shrugged with a playful grin.

"Now c'mon inside, I'm freezing to death" I added, opening the door. "Well I can always warm you up later.." He muttered, I shushed him instantly as I knew my mother was nearby. "Mom I'm home, and Prince is here" I called out. "Hey honey, hi Prince, dinners just about ready ! we're having spaghetti bolognese" She peaked out from the kitchen.

We all sat down at the table which was uncomfortably nostalgic as the last time we did this, shit hit the fan. But everything was peacefully quiet as we all dug into our meals. "Mm, this is wonderful ma'am" Prince complimented. "Why thank you, Prince ! and call me Sharon" She told him.

Prince and I both raised our eyebrows at each other with satisfaction. Mom was really warming up to Prince, I mean she always liked him but this was a good sign. "So what took you two so long when you were getting back from the lake yesterday ?" She questioned suddenly.

We gave each other a knowing glance before we both tried to speak up for one another. "Uh well, there was some problems with the cottage..they were, uh" I stuttered, looking over to Prince for help. "Yeah they wanted to check some things before we left..legal fee stuff" Prince nodded, trying to seem convincing.

"Oh, well your father can handle that.." She responded. It didn't look like she believed us but it still made me sigh with relief. Prince's hand squeezed my inner thigh underneath the table, causing me to shiver slightly. "Something wrong, Alice ?" My mother pondered.

"No, I was just shivering because I was thinking about how freezing it is tonight ! you think Prince could stay over ?" I tried to mention nonchalantly.

I could hear Prince quietly snickering at my bad acting. I nudged him in the balls, causing him to wince. Two can play at that game.

"Sure, only if it's ok with your parents" She smiled. Prince frowned and I automatically did too. "Prince lives with his neighbours, mom" I noted awkwardly. "Oh.." was all she said. "Yeah, I just gotta make a phone call..I'll be right back, pardon me" He mumbled, excusing himself from the table.

"What was that about ?!" Mother whispered. "Mom, it's private ok..his folks are separated and they don't get along, that's all I'm saying" I defended. He soon came back into the room, smiling weakly. "Prince, I just want to apologise for--" He put his hand up politely, cutting her off.

"It's fine, Sharon..really" He assured her, earning a small smile. I knew his family was always a touchy subject for him, he barely discussed it with me either. All I knew was that Prince had a more than strained relationship with the both of his parents. I suppose that's why he was so supportive of me when mine did the same.

As we helped wash up the dishes later on, my mother uttered a sentence that both made us look at each other with disappointment.

"Prince, I pulled out the couch for you to sleep on tonight"

"Thank you.." He forced a smile. I guess it was naive to think that she would actually let us sleep together in my bed. But a whole night knowing that Prince was laying JUST downstairs, I don't know if that thought sat well with me. We might have of done the dirty before leaving the cottage but we were always constantly going at it.

Hell, It was a natural part of the relationship at this point.

And although I believed in PDA, I was still uncomfortable of being that way in front of my mother. So when it got around to everybody going to bed, I just popped in and said a measly 'Goodnight' to him. But I should of known he wouldn't let me get away that easily.

"Actually Alice, can I see you in the other room for a second" He demanded rather than asked. I nodded and followed him nonetheless.

As soon as we were out of sight, he pulled me into his arms and kissed me passionately. "Goodnight, I love you" He smiled sweetly. "I love you too" I blushed, just barely meeting his eyes as he held my hands in his. It was going to take a long time to get used to receiving such affection from him. It was bliss.

He kissed me on the cheek once more and let me go. But as soon as I laid down in my bed. I felt cold. I wanted to be with him. We really haven't gotten a lot of time alone with each other since we admitted our feelings. But with the risk of my mother walking in on us, I decided against it.

I tossed and turned. Over and over again. Damn it. Hmph. Maybe I'll just go downstairs and get a glass of milk, that'll help me sleep. I got out of bed and silently tie toed in the dark and down the stairs. I managed to get to the kitchen without waking anyone up.

But as I opened the fridge door.

"What are you doing"

I jumped back and covered my mouth from any squeals that exited. "Shit, Prince ! you scared me" I whispered harshly. "Not my intention but I'll repeat my question again, what are you doing ?" He uttered softly.

"Getting some milk"

Throughout the darkness, I could still see him glaring at me with a unamused expression on his face. I wasn't fooling anybody.

"Fine, I can't sleep" I finally said. "Why, too busy getting off ?" He asked.
It was time for me to look unamused now.

"No, I just wanted to lay with you..that's all" I admitted. "Well c'mon then, it ain't against the law..you can go back to bed afterwards" He shrugged. I bit my lip and before I even had time to answer, he grabbed my hand and leaded me towards the couch.

He laid down first and I laid on top of him, snuggling closer within the wrap of a dozen blankets. We soon settled down as we got into a comfortable position. It was nice.
The pleasurable scent of him was enough to make me feel comfortingly drowsy.

"Prince, can you sing me something ?" I muttered tiredly. "Like what" He yawned. "Anything will do" I replied.

"When you're down and out, when you're on the street, when evenin' falls so hard, I will comfort you, I'll take your part..oh when darkness comes and pain is all around

Just like a bridge over troubled water...I will lay me down"

And with the heavenliness of his voice, I managed to fall asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Private Joy has hit 1000 reads and 100 votes.
You purple lovelies are awesomely wonderful <3