~3~ The Strange Sisters

The wyrd sisters, hand in hand,
Strange sisters of the sea and land.
Thus do they go about and around,
Thrice to thine and thrice to mine.

MacBeth ~ Act I

As they walk under the bleachers and into the shade, April ever-so-elegantly slides around her sister in a never-ending dance of light touches and minor course corrections. Unconscious of doing anything unusual, for this is how they have always danced, since the time they first learned to walk together as toddlers. Only when she deems they are far enough out of earshot of the shady lifeguard guy still watching them walk away, does April immediately start in on her special sister.

"What the hell do you think you are doing, May?" April snaps.

"Having a bit of an adventure." May snips back quick. "Why? What the hell do you think you're doing, dummy?"

"You call having an adventure, hanging around the burner bleachers with some strange weirdo guy that you've never met before? Are you seriously freaking insane?" April counters quicker. "Dammit May, that's how stupid girls get kidnapped. Then a bunch of really bad shit happens to them in the back of that rape van you are so fond of mentioning."

"Right, because of all the recent rash of kidnappings, in this hotbed of sex-crime and caravan deviance that is San Fall?" May snorts derisively. "Personally, I blame the circus folk. You just can't trust those crazy carney clowns."  

"Don't get all bitchy with me, May. You know dogdamn well what I meant." April intones coldly. "You cannot ever trust guys, but especially not the strange ones."

"I don't trust anyone besides you." May hesitates. "But Lifeguard Darren was a way different kind of strange. I don't know, he was ...strangely cool?"

"Strangely cool, how?" April pushes back.  

"You'll see, or hear." May holds up her cell phone. One of the many devices that she uses on a daily basis to record her conversations and observations on her dark life. "I recorded a very nasty little run-in with Slater and that freak Ferret earlier, that was totally not cool. So you're gonna want to listen to this when we get home, cause you're mentioned on here as well. Oh, and there was a third guy with those two freaks, whose voice I didn't recognize."

"That weird lifeguard guy?" April seethes.

"No, he came along a little later and sent them running away," May smirks in remembrance. "He told them to 'kick bricks' or he was going to kick their ass. Then I think he smacked Slater and Ferret around for good measure?"

"Okay, explain all that in a lot more detail." April snaps sharply.

As succinctly as she can May quickly relates the events that transpired between her, the Three Amigos, and Lifeguard Darren. From the inception of when she left the Annex and was apparently followed out by the Freak Squad. To the start of the Freakshow, when she first sat down on the bleachers and they started giving her a hard time. Then shortly thereafter, when Lifeguard Darren stepped into the fray, right up to the end when her sister came to find her.

"I am sofa king gonna burn Slater and Ferret to ash for that shit when school starts." May's sinister sister seethes darkly. 

"Easy Cujo, nothing much happened thanks to Lifeguard Darren." May smiles a little to wistfully for her sisters taste. "It was just a bunch of super stupid boy bullshit. So forget about all that noise and just stick to the master plan. We don't need any more enemies than we already have in mind for this year."